Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fredk Don't take my ManCard - 12/19/11 04:10 AM
I, well, its a week before Christmas and I'm all done my shopping. Even made some cookies (manly ones of course).

With all this extra time, I may actually have to clean the entire apartment.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Don't take my ManCard - 12/19/11 04:55 AM
Fred, that sounds like my weekend! Shoot, yesterday morning I cleaned and earlier this evening I made snickerdoodles.

Yeah, shopping is done, too.

*sigh*

Where do we turn these cards in?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Don't take my ManCard - 12/19/11 05:16 AM
My wife's family makes a bunch of cookies the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We did a gross (144) of sugar cookies. While I don't make the dough or bake them, it is "all hands on deck" to frost them.

My objective is to see what I can turn the cookies shapes into with a little frosting. I make a dog out of a reindeer for example. Sounds simple, but the reindeer had antlers and were jumping, and I turned it into a sitting dog. I also turned some ornaments into my favorite collegiate team's football. A Santa cookie soon became a Grinch cookie. While that was the easiest to do, it caused the most "controversy". LOL. Then I started making Santas out of every shape, from trees, to ornaments, to stars, to sleighs (looked more like a profile of Jay Leno in a Santa hat with a beard).

My in-laws liked my creativity, my wife hated be for the rest of the day and wouldn't let me even talk about what I decorated. And yet somehow, every year, my wife tells me that I need to "help decorate the cookies".

Total cookies made that day that weren't broken or eaten were just over 750.
Posted By: Murph Re: Don't take my ManCard - 12/19/11 01:39 PM
I'd make fun of you Fred but our niece visited us for the weekend and I had to go to the theater and sit through "Breaking Dawn".
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Don't take my ManCard - 12/19/11 02:01 PM
Ha ha, my sister tried to get me to see that when I visited over Thanksgiving.
© Axiom Message Boards