Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 03:25 AM
This really needs to happen, guys. I spend about 15 minutes putting together the front of the t-shirt, but by no means should this be the final design. The shirt rear should list all of the hometowns of the people who send money in for the first run, plus Dwight, ON. smile

My idea is to use black silkscreen ink on an orange shirt. The stylized orange and the text will be where the black ink is not -- taking the "negative" literally. smile

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 03:30 AM
That is sweet.

Pity I don't like orange shirts, but it goes with the territory. Unless we were to take orange's opposite color, blue, and run with that.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 03:46 AM
Here's the blue version. I dig it, and it would take the negativity further. laugh

The blue makes sense in both concept and fashion sense?

I'm in for making this happen.

Brain-storming has commenced.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 04:14 AM
I'm in.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 04:17 AM
Just for historical reference, I've found the earliest known Negative Orange joke, here. Didn't realize it was so recent.

CV's original dream is his first post in the CV is nuts what are you dreaming tonight thread.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 04:19 AM
Orange on the outside and blue on the inside - reversible and negative one level deeper again.
Posted By: CV Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 05:36 AM
I like them! I'm okay with either color, really. I have a bright orange Cake shirt that I think looks good on me, so I'm good with orange, but I can understand the broader appeal of the blue and the reasoning behind it. Definitely love the idea about the list of towns. I think Minus Citrus would be a good fake music label name to put in small print somewhere.
Posted By: RickF Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 08:41 AM
I personally like the blue version myself but being from south Florida, orange is definitely the way to go. Looks good!
Posted By: Murph Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 12:48 PM
I love it !!!!
After distribution, we all have to send in a pic of ourselves and I volunteer Mark to merge us all into one large photo. Preferably in an exotic location befitting the world tour.

I'd do it but we might look like Atari figures after trying to cut and paste using only MS Paint.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 03:49 PM
Awesome! I'm in.

Isn't that the shirt that Lady Gaga is wearing to the Grammys next year?
Yes, that was after seeing a pic of CV wearing his bacon undies.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: CV
I'm okay with either color, really. I have a bright orange Cake shirt that I think looks good on me

Poor baby.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 04:04 PM
All truth aside, It HAS to be orange, IMNSHO.

The "eternal circle" as a cross-section of orange wedges looks GREAT, Peter! You could make it an eyeball killer and print the orange on a cobalt blue shirt.

I'm in for several, as long as something stays orange.
Originally Posted By: BobKay
I'm okay with either color, really. I have a bright orange Cake shirt that I think looks good on me

Poor baby.

It doesn't really count when your mom says, "That looks nice on you."
Posted By: BobKay Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 04:10 PM
Sean, you're not reading it correctly. He makes no mention of his mother's tastes. He names only a single (as in ONE) known living being who approves.
Poor CV.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 06:33 PM
CV probably also thinks that Bob is an admirable guy.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 06:46 PM
Originally Posted By: medic8r
CV probably also thinks that Bob is an admirable guy.

He's not THAT uniqiue. And he isn't stoopit, neither.
Posted By: CV Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 07:25 PM
Sean, you're not reading it correctly. He makes no mention of his mother's tastes. He names only a single (as in ONE) known living being who approves.

I'm my own mother?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 07:33 PM
Psychiatry is everywhere!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 07:37 PM
Sssh... don't tell Tom Cruise!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/20/11 08:56 PM
*shakes fist*

I really hate him.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/21/11 03:59 AM

I'm my own mother?

Charles, I know it's shocking, but JP will be the first to tell you that true self-revelation always is.

Think about it. The world is safer with you realizing that you're your own mother than it will be when JP finally realizes that he's his own shrink!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/21/11 04:26 AM
Is there any reason we couldn't do the shirt on both blue and orange?
Posted By: CV Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/21/11 05:07 AM
Nope, no reason.
Posted By: Murph Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/21/11 06:50 PM
Oh great, Axiom gang warfare begins!!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/21/11 06:52 PM
Blu 4 Lyfe, beeeyotch!
Posted By: medic8r Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 12/21/11 06:56 PM
I see you have sided with the bbig blu team. REFLECT!
I'm in. And enjoying all y'alls creativity.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 01/06/12 04:24 PM
Bump. Where's my T-shirt?

As I was reading Ben Folds' biography on the Amazon store, I found that the bassist in the Ben Folds Five, Robert Sledge, went on to form a band called International Orange.

I'm thinking our band can still kick his band's butt.

Interestingly, International Orange is a color used in the aerospace industry to set things apart from their surroundings, similar to safety orange, but deeper and with a more reddish tone.

In summation:

Safety Orange

International Orange

Negative Orange
Negative Orange--the color of peeing on safety.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 01/06/12 05:15 PM
Word has it that Negative Orange, sometimes referred to as "NO" for short, is working on their seventh video for the yet-to-be released song "Vacant Gray Matter". Apparently they have hired a bunch of ex-strippers to dance in the vid and will call themselves the Orange Peelers.
Well done, gentlemen. Well done.
Posted By: fredk Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 01/07/12 12:15 AM
If this actually happens, I'm in.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 01/07/12 02:23 AM

As I was reading Ben Folds' biography on the Amazon store

I know I'm a terrible judge of character, but JP always appeared to be such an erudite guy.
Seriously?
Posted By: medic8r Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 01/07/12 07:45 PM
He's got me confused with my other Axiom screen ID, JohnK.
Posted By: fredk Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 01/07/12 09:25 PM
Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Seriously?

Its the rubber gloves.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 01/07/12 09:30 PM
He's got me confused...

Really, that's all I've ever wanted.

Validation can be such a high.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Negative Orange World Tour 2011 T-shirt - 01/09/12 02:00 AM

As I was reading Ben Folds' biography on the Amazon store

I know I'm a terrible judge of character, but JP always appeared to be such an erudite guy.

I think Bob just misspelled 'ruddy'.
© Axiom Message Boards