Axiom Home Page
Posted By: medic8r Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/22/11 05:51 PM
(Or, the "Are you brave enough to show your Christmas face(s)" thread)

After sending out a few dozen of these cards earlier this week, I realized that I would be remiss if I didn't send one virtually to all of my Axiom friends.

I do so enjoy my time on these boards. Moments spent here are often some of my favorite ones of the day. I can't tell you how many times I've come home and had my wife ask me what were the most fun things at work and then, after racking my brain, volunteered that, well, not much funny happens in the office, but, boy, was I laughing at the banter on the Axiom Message Boards.

The anniversary bash and the other meet ups I've had are cherished memories, and I look forward to seeing more of you guys in the future. No, not like that, Bob.

So Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy New Year to us all.

Bonus pic:

Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/22/11 06:16 PM
One of the Wheeler's on Return to OZ. "I'll be good. I'll be good."
Posted By: medic8r Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/22/11 07:10 PM
I almost titled this thread with "Axiomoes" instead of "Axiomites", but then I didn't want people to get too disappointed when they realized it wasn't a bbigwyres post.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/22/11 09:37 PM
Well said, JP. This forum is a constant source of info, amusement, and entertainment. More than that, it's the friends I've made here that keeps me coming back.

Happy Holidays everyone!!
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/22/11 09:53 PM
I had the quote wrong, It's not I'll be good, it's I'll behave.

Return to OZ:

Lead Wheeler: Please, let me go. Please, please, let me go.
Pleeaase, let me go! Let me go!
Dorothy: All right Tik Tok, let him go.
Tik-Tok: [to Wheeler] Behave yourself now!
Lead Wheeler: I WILL behave! I'll-I'll behave!
[Tik Tok lets him go]
Lead Wheeler: [Wheeler laughs] Behave!
[skates away]
Lead Wheeler: [laughing] Behave... I'll be... - ohhps!
[falls]
Lead Wheeler: [laughing] YOU BEHAVE!
[laughing]

Jack Pumpkinhead: If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?
Dorothy: It happens to people all the time, Jack.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/22/11 11:08 PM
Here's a quote from Oz....

"Put a nutha shrimp on the barbie!"

Merry Christmas to all the good people here! you too, Mark.

wink
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 02:00 AM
I'll join in and send you all my best wishes for the holiday season and for 2012, but if you don't mind I'll forgo the picture.

I really do need to thank this little community for the posts here this year. I know that we all have our challenges of one type or another, but this year has been a tough one for me personally as I've been battling cancer. I was diagnosed in March and had both radiation and chemotherapy treatment in June and July and have been doing my best to recover ever since. I'll spare you all the details of this nasty process.

The cast of characters here has made that process much more bearable, as you've all provided no end of entertainment, enlightenment and education for me. So for your assistance (albeit unknowingly) in my ongoing recovery, I sincerely thank all of you.

To each of you and your families, and to our gracious hosts at Axiom I wish nothing but the best for 2012.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 02:06 AM
It is the friends I have made and the bountiful information available (which never ceases to amaze me) that keeps me coming back.

Merry Christmas to all!!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 04:12 AM
Merry Christmas to J.P. and all, and Krunch, hopes and prayers for a happier and healthier New Year for you.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 04:58 AM
Kruncher, I wish you the best in your recovery. My dad successfully battled cancer a few years ago and it seemed the biggest part of his recovery was having a supportive cast of friends and family around him.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 05:24 AM
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and Happy Holidays to all. Krunch, thoughts and prayers to you during this difficult time.
Posted By: CV Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 05:34 AM
You guys are the best. This is by far the most entertaining online community I've been a part of, and you've all been a ton of help whenever I've had questions, whether they pertain to home theater or not. Enjoy your holidays!
Posted By: Murph Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 12:27 PM
I don't have any pictures to share here at work but I'll share a few thoughts that I have.

You folks have brought a lot of wisdom, knowledge, humor and happiness to my life these last few years. Add it all together and my life has been very much enriched by knowing you. I used to scoff at the concept of an "online community", thinking that virtual communications could never instill a feeling of friendship but this board truly has become a community. We don't just share our knowledge but also our joys and our pains.

I figured all of my preconceptions of people might come crashing down when I met many of you this summer. Maybe it is all an illusion and people are nothing like their online personalities? But you know what, it wasn't. Everybody I met was exactly the kind of wonderful person I pictured them to be.

Merry Christmas Friends!!!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 01:11 PM
Happy Holidays, everyone! You all make this site great. And also a severe addiction.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 01:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
And also a severe addiction.

That's better than a severe rash.

Ew.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 02:42 PM
Now I'm starting to itch.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 06:10 PM
Jeezis, JP, you're a doctor! Can't you find a good surgeon to fix Ryan's mermaid syndrome?

And making him wear a single, oversized sock doesn't make it any better, OK!

I will suspend my smarm for a brief moment and wish everyone a great .XXXmas and a Happy New Year.

Seriously, I haven't made a shrink appointment since I've been hangin' out here.

Thanks guys (and Mary and Amie).
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 06:24 PM
Happy holidays and a happy new year, everyone.

May you all continue walking through 2012 mad .
Posted By: BobKay Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 08:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople
Happy holidays and a happy new year, everyone.

May you all continue walking through 2012 mad .

Cam's Xmas bitch slap!

Some of us will be limping through 2012, if that makes you feel any better. And we will all be dead only 355 days into the New Year anyway.

And remember this: If you had a bunch o' gay friends, they would have nicknamed you Rollarina, so you got tons for which to be thankful, still.

Merry Christmas, Cam. Same to your awesome family.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/23/11 09:44 PM
Don't eat any cupcakes this holiday weekend, or your government may come looking for you. Cupcakes have now been deemed to be a security threat.

Oh no. I think I hear the black helicopters getting closer.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/24/11 02:00 PM
And remember, only drive areound people that drink alchohol. Because 77% of all accidents are caused by people who are sober.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/24/11 02:59 PM
Social Xmas advice for the lazy.

I never send Xmas cards. I wait until they've all come in, then write everyone a thank-you note with a Happy New Year wish, telling them how much I enjoyed receiving their cards. I mail them when I get around to it, usually before March.
Posted By: FireGuy Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/25/11 12:10 AM
Yes, Happy Holidays to all. My M22's get installed tomorrow...and my two sons are already competing for the M3Ti's they are replacing. Great testimony to a great speaker company. Really.
Posted By: FireGuy Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/25/11 05:50 PM
M22's with three bottles of Whoop Ass hot sauce. It's a good day. [img]http://imgur.com/a/AeSgB[/img]
Posted By: CV Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/25/11 09:24 PM
My cousin shared this inspired Christmas tree with me, for all of the Portal fans.
Posted By: INANE Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/26/11 04:56 AM
Originally Posted By: CV
My cousin shared this inspired Christmas tree with me, for all of the Portal fans.

That's awesome!

Merry Xmas everyone btw!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Happy Holidays to the Axiomites! - 12/28/11 02:22 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay

I will suspend my smarm for a brief moment and wish everyone a great .XXXmas and a Happy New Year.

Seriously, I haven't made a shrink appointment since I've been hangin' out here.

Thanks guys (and Mary and Amie).

Well, that didn't last long. After I wrote that sentence, I spent the next 4 days thinking about it. I called and made an appt.

Shrink: Emm, (he's from Dublin) only problem is, I'm away from the 12th through the end of the month.
Bob: That's OK. It's not life and death. I'll wait 'til you get back.
Shrink: "Life and death" means something different to you than normal people.
Bob: Cool! So I'll see you when you return?
Shrink: No! I'm squeezing you in at 11:00 on the 6th.
Bob: Great, so we're gonna open a huge can o'
worms and then you're gonna abandon me for three weeks.
Shrink: It's the 6th, so we'll talk about how the ethnics brought gifts to the Baby Jesus. You know it's a very big womens' holiday in Ireland.
Bob: How's that gonna help me?
Shrink: We'll talk about it. See you then.
© Axiom Message Boards