Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CatBrat Sony 4k projector - 01/18/12 10:43 PM
Sony 4k Projector. Probably expensive, huh?

Under $25,000 is all I've found, so far.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/18/12 10:49 PM
I love this image:

It is like they took an old "DVD vs Blu-Ray" image and relabeled it "1080 vs 4K".

I think that 4K is pretty sweet, but it is very pricey. Plus some companies are saying that they have 4K, but really don't. Be careful of marketing. Not sure about the Sony.

I would rather have better contract, ANSI lumens, and other fixes for common issues before 4K, but it will look sharp nice and big (if it is bright enough and with enough contrast.)
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/19/12 12:38 AM
Where's the content?

Until you can find media at 4K, your just upsampling the 1080P...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/19/12 03:10 AM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
I love this image:

It is like they took an old "DVD vs Blu-Ray" image and relabeled it "1080 vs 4K".

If you squint, they both look the same.

Save money with Squintâ„¢!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/19/12 03:25 AM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
I love this image:

If you squint, they both look the same.

Save money with Squintâ„¢!

As Homer Simpson would say, "Mmmmmmmm...... Squint...."
Posted By: CV Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/19/12 04:55 AM
I think one of the benefits of upscaling 1080 content to 4k is have a better use of Deep Color. Shouldn't it be able to smooth the color gradation with that many more pixels to work with? I admit I'm not that well-read on the subject.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/19/12 03:52 PM
The Sony is the real deal. The two new JVC's with E-shift are not.

I have done my best to NOT look at the new Sony, as I'm sure I'd talk myself into buying it. There is a ten page thread on the Sony at AVS. No one has one yet, but there's still ten pages of BS...
Posted By: INANE Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/27/12 10:12 PM
Why 4K TVs are stupid

Thought it was an interesting article. Thou I don't understand why he starts off by saying he's not talking about content, just the TVs.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/28/12 01:48 AM
he talks about the technical side of things, not programming.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/28/12 06:20 AM
That article makes sence to me.. I have a 720P projector, and i use to sit about 8' away from a 135" screen... i couldn't really see any pixelation... When i moved i reduced the image size down to 96" and sat about 5' away, and the picture was still very good...
Posted By: CV Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/28/12 06:45 AM
4K would be nice for computer monitors, considering the viewing distances from those. I still want to hear if there can be any advantages with Deep Color when scaling up to 4K.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/28/12 12:37 PM
programmers are supposed to be technical, but at our company many of them have no clue when it comes to technical issues.
Posted By: INANE Re: Sony 4k projector - 01/29/12 06:34 AM
Originally Posted By: SirQuack
programmers are supposed to be technical, but at our company many of them have no clue when it comes to technical issues.

indeed
© Axiom Message Boards