Axiom Home Page
Posted By: littleb Fargo, ND area - 08/11/03 03:46 PM
I know this is a real reach, is there anyone in Fargo area that would be willing to audition them.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/11/03 04:24 PM
Fargo? Great movie, yah?

Sorry...couldn't resist.
Posted By: littleb Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/11/03 04:38 PM
I liked The Big Lebowski better, though. If you noticed only the opening scene took place in Fargo. The majority of the movie took place in the Brainerd, Mn. area. I heard one of the Coen brothers say that it was called Fargo, since it sounded better than Brainerd.
Posted By: MIKEY Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/11/03 07:54 PM
My son went to UND.. I visited him there.. Once..
His stories of the cold were just too much.. Skin turning beet red, then going thru the pain of 'defrost' back in the dorm.. The back of his throat freezing up so that it was hard to speak !! And my all time favorite, the wet film on his EYES freezing over !!!
That college has a great reputation for students getting in, working hard, and graduating fast.. No wonder, who would want to stick around ? :>
Maybe Axiom offers pre-heaters for their speakers ? You don't want to run the risk of cracking a cone, eh ?? LOL
Posted By: littleb Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/11/03 08:17 PM
Yeah, it's cold here, darn cold. And the wind will cut holes in you. It's like hell for penguins. I wouldn't worry about the cones until October or so. Do they melt in CA? LOL

Posted By: curtis Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/11/03 10:22 PM
Too funny!!

I was born and raised in south bay area of Los Angeles, went to college in the SF Bay area. I thought that was rough...the rain especially(an El Nino year my first year). I was on the tennis team and I remember one whole month we did all we could to just get some real court time.

But put me through a REAL HARD winter.....yeah, you could call me a pansy California boy.

curtis
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/11/03 10:39 PM
Pansy...

I may live in LA now, but I grew up in Maine. We had plenty of COLD winters and snow.

LA is wonderful. If you've ever seen LA Story - that's pretty much what it's like here.

I saw that movie long before I ever dreamt of living here. Laughed my butt off because it was so funny. Then I saw it again a few years after I had moved here. It's even funnier knowing that all that quirkiness is true! 72 and sunny EVERYDAY. We don't walk ANYWHERE. LOL..

Posted By: MIKEY Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/11/03 11:02 PM
Walk ?? You gotta be kidding.. haha.. We live two blocks from the Huntington Beach pier, and hardly ever go down there because you can't find any parking ???!! hahahaha
Posted By: curtis Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/11/03 11:07 PM
I ride my bike to the beach when I know parking will be a problem. I just don't like having to deal with the hills along the way.

curtis
Posted By: HGP Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/12/03 05:29 AM
Audition what?
Posted By: Saturn Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/12/03 08:56 PM
What comes up must come down. Coming down from those hills at 45,55,70 km/hr is such a rush. Happy biking.
Posted By: curtis Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/12/03 09:02 PM
Yeah...but it is UPHILL on the way home. And after a day of beach volleyball, and maybe a beer or two, the 'ole legs just ain't what they used to be!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/12/03 11:49 PM
hey, don't discriminate against us non-metric types, OK?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/13/03 03:35 PM
What, you going to work for NASA? *ducks thrown bottles*
Posted By: Saturn Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/13/03 04:41 PM
Oh I'm sorry. Years of brainwash.

http://www.metricsucks.com/solution.html

after that nice read click on home.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Fargo, ND area - 08/14/03 06:18 PM
I'd rather everything was just binary. Then everything would either be long or short, far or near, fast or slow. No confusion whatsoever.
© Axiom Message Boards