Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Forum slow? - 02/14/12 02:28 AM
Not the members.... the loading speed.

It's been slow at home of late, but I've had many tabs open in FireFox.

Now, though, I'm in RI, different computer, different IP, and it's still slow.

Anyone else?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Forum slow? - 02/14/12 02:31 AM
Mark, did you drop your waffles on the keyboard?

Again.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Forum slow? - 02/14/12 03:32 AM
Yep.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Forum slow? - 02/14/12 03:42 AM
RI? That explains it. Traffic is always slow by the big blue bug.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/14/12 12:38 PM
I've had issues with the forums loading both at home and at work. Probably for the past 3-4 days. Some times, I will open a new tab (in Firefox) for a sub forum (like "The Water Cooler") while I look in "Technical Questions" and that tab never loads, or only partially loads until I hit Stop and then Refresh/Reload...
Posted By: Ajax Re: Forum slow? - 02/14/12 02:55 PM
No problems here. Still loading quickly for me. grin
Posted By: cb919 Re: Forum slow? - 02/14/12 03:31 PM
Same problem here Nick. I had this problem before the site upgrade, but after the upgrade I thought it was resolved as the forum was super snappy. However over this past weekend I have been experiencing the issue again. For example to reply with this post it took ~45sec to open the 'reply' dialogue. It does not matter whether at home or the office or which browser (I use both FF and Chrome). No idea why this happens, but I also open topics in new tabs so I can keep reading while things load.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Forum slow? - 02/14/12 03:41 PM
And right after posting this it's back to 'super snappy' again. Go figure. confused
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Forum slow? - 02/14/12 04:42 PM
It must be going slow because my vacation countdown isn't moving very fast...
Posted By: cb919 Re: Forum slow? - 02/14/12 11:25 PM
It's back to slow again in both FF and Chrome. Just wanted to point out if the web page admin is reading this, that it's not just the forum, it's the entire www.axiomaudio.com/ site that is slow. Other sites load at normal speed whil I am waiting for axiomaudio.com to load.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Forum slow? - 02/14/12 11:44 PM
The day and site are both slow frown
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 07:35 PM
Hi guys;

I'm so sorry! MadBeggar had the ISP change some routings to try and help out the people who were having speed issues. Did anyone actually see a speed increase? Or is everyone seeing it worse?

Arg!
Posted By: cb919 Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 07:45 PM
Hi Amie, when were the routings changed?

For me I recall things starting to get slow again (after the site upgrade) towards the end of last week. However my memory is slow too so that is not the most accurate of data. blush

Although it working quickly as of this post.
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 07:53 PM
Hmmm. The change was made yesterday. Madbeggar just asked the host to reverse the change but I'm sure it didn't happen that quickly.
Posted By: Wid Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 08:11 PM

It's been good at my end since the last big change. No problems here.

Using Chrome.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 08:31 PM
I haven't had any speed problems at home yesterday evening, but I wasn't on for very long.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 08:31 PM
And continuing to be quick for me now, although it was slow this morning.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 08:42 PM
Exactly what Dan said.... slow up till several hours ago but appearing to be substantially quicker now! (Though I'm not sure it's as fast as it was a couple of weeks ago!)
Posted By: cb919 Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 09:15 PM
And back to slow again. No pattern to it that I can tell, just speeds up and slows down throughout the day. This'll be my last fish flip flop post on the subject unless I notice it remains the same for some days on end. I don't want to bore everyone with this (probably too late!)but want to give the Axiom site admin the feedback so they can solve the issue.
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 09:51 PM
All the feedback helps us for sure - we're definitely not bored! Thanks for your time.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 10:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Wid

It's been good at my end since the last big change.

Rick, which way is your end facing? I don't want to be down wind of it.

Thanks
Posted By: BobKay Re: Forum slow? - 02/15/12 11:03 PM
2 thumbs up! Err, I mean for Cam's joke.
Posted By: Henry66 Re: Forum slow? - 02/16/12 02:15 AM
For me there is a significant delay while all the Google+ and Facebook icons get loaded for each post. This is especially noticeable if you have your preferences set to show 50 or more posts per page.

Is there any way to turn off the +1 and Like buttons for posts?
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Forum slow? - 02/16/12 02:45 AM
The FB, twitter, and google+ icons are the last things to load here too... somewhat slowly. Not horrible, but noticeably slow.

the rest of the forum and all of the posts load instantly, then the fb icon, then the twitter and google chrome icons load simultaneously.
Posted By: Steve H Re: Forum slow? - 02/16/12 10:53 AM
The social media buttons (+1, Facebook, and Twitter) are programmed to load separately after the main page has loaded, so they will not affect the main page load time at all.

Unfortunately there is not a way to turn them on and off.
Posted By: Argon Re: Forum slow? - 02/16/12 12:41 PM
North Carolina's good.
Posted By: CV Re: Forum slow? - 02/16/12 07:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Steve H
The social media buttons (+1, Facebook, and Twitter) are programmed to load separately after the main page has loaded, so they will not affect the main page load time at all.

Even if they're loading separately, I can't scroll on the page until they're done loading, and it is holding me up quite often. It's cool that they're there, but I probably won't use them very often, personally. What do the rest of you guys think?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/16/12 08:52 PM
OK. Now the forums are working OK at work, but were still horrible from home. Using Firefox.

I have to hit "Stop" and "Reload" (or refresh) some times multiple times just to get a page to load.
Posted By: fredk Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 12:53 AM
Nick I'm still in a similar situation to you at home. I've switched to Google to resolve IPs and that has mostly sped things up (still not normal fast), but I find at times I can wait up to a minute for the complete page to load. Occasionally the browser goes into la la land and I'm left with a blank white screen or solid (Axiom not bsod) blue background. I had one page load after at least 5 minutes.

Strange stuff.
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 12:56 PM
One last question on this - is the slowness new for everyone since . . . September? I'm just trying to establish definitively if it happened with our server move.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 01:14 PM
No it is NOT slow for me. It is a tiny bit slower than it was a few weeks ago, but it is much faster, for me, than it was before some change was made on, or around, November 11th last year. Before then, it would take 3 minutes or more to load the site. Now it takes only a second or so.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 01:20 PM
Hoooweeee, baby. It be slow dis morning.

I can't say for certain if it started in September, but if I was a guesser, I'd guess that be bout right.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 01:29 PM
Amie, I only noticed the REAL slowness within the last couple of weeks. Before then, it was zippy!
Posted By: cb919 Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 01:30 PM
Weird Brian, it's slow for you but back to really fast for me.

I can't say if the slowness has been since September or not. Time is kind of a blur. Sorry that does not really help you Amie.
Posted By: Murph Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 01:43 PM
I've stayed out of the topic because I have had no problems that I noticed but since you asked, No. It might vary a bit from day to day but nothing to complain about here and small changes are just part of life on the Internet.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 02:21 PM
Good point Murph. So to clarify for Axiom, I am not referring to small changes - that I expect. For me 'normal speed' is anything from instantaneous to 5 seconds or so to load a thread, product page whatever. When I report 'slow' I am talking load times of 45 seconds to over a minute (and sometimes failure to load), not subtle differences.

Cheers,
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 03:26 PM
This just started a couple of weeks ago. The upgrade happened, and if I recall correctly, the pages loaded just fine for at least a few days, but I too get (more specifically) completely white screens, or pages with just the Axiom logo on the top. And then I click on some other part of the forums and it is just fine. Not 100% of the times is it slow, but at least 50% of the topics or sub-forums have this issue randomly. Also, by slow, I mean that I am not even waiting for the page to finish loading before I try to stop it and try reloading again because it has been so long. Easily was 30 seconds or longer when I first experienced it. Now I just don't wait. It is obvious right away if the page is or isn't going to load. Sometimes it takes multiple "stops" and "reloads" to get it to work though.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 03:34 PM
My pages are universally taking about 10 seconds to load. Not as bad as what others are experiencing, but not the "almost instantaneous" it was for awhile.
Posted By: Argon Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 03:48 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
My pages are universally taking about 10 seconds to load. Not as bad as what others are experiencing, but not the "almost instantaneous" it was for awhile.

Now that I am paying attention, my exerience is similar to Mark's.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 07:55 PM
Been long waits between clicks for me this afternoon.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 08:57 PM
It's slower than usual and occasionally I have prob's logging on.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 10:05 PM
I'm going to try to change from my current ISP's DNS to OpenDNS to see if things route faster. I will report back my results tonight.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/17/12 10:36 PM
Nice. Things are real snappy now that I changed my DNS on my internet router to Opendns... Quick and free sign up and done.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 02/18/12 02:33 AM
Been slow for me all afternoon, and now this evening.
Posted By: fredk Re: Forum slow? - 02/18/12 02:43 AM
That could be Amy. I don't know when my first post on the issue was. It's in another thread somewhere.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/18/12 02:47 AM
Still snappy since OpenDNS... smile
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Forum slow? - 02/18/12 02:53 AM
For reference, I haven't had a problem at home or at work. Of course, at home I've got FiOS and at work I've got godawful screaming fast.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/18/12 03:12 AM
That is why I started thinking maybe it was people's different providers, and thus DNS. Or maybe the AxiomAudio.com site was given a different IP address (not likely, but possible) and it hasn't replicated across the internet completely (each ISP varies in how often they update routing tables and DNS)... Again, these aren't very likely, but are possible.

With going to a different DNS host who advertises as the fastest DNS and most up to date, I'm seeing some really good results. It was terrible before I switched, and now it became instantly better.

Time will tell if it has lasting power to keep things moving...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Forum slow? - 02/18/12 04:28 AM
No problems out my way
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 02/18/12 01:08 PM
It's running fast for me this morning.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/18/12 05:04 PM
OK. So I got hit by 3 slow page loads this morning... Ugh.

I did notice that on 2 of them (didn't catch the 3rd) that it is waiting on some web page subcomponent from dl.dropbox.com... It waits, and waits, and waits, and then switches to loading from dl.dropbox.com, and waits, and waits, and waits... after about 3 minutes, I stopped the pages, reloaded, and got it to go...

SO something is loading from DropBox.com... A shared photo or something maybe?
Posted By: Henry66 Re: Forum slow? - 02/19/12 04:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Steve H

Well, these are definitely causing a big delay for me in Firefox (latest version, on Windows 7). I am trying Chrome now, and it is much faster. I wonder why Firefox takes so long to load the buttons? I probably have too many addons.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/19/12 07:32 AM
Yea. I am getting delays on google-analytics.com and gstatic.com which both are somehow loading when I visit. I will try getting rid of some addons...
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 02/19/12 11:00 AM
It's really odd because google analytics loads in the footer, and nothing at all loads from dropbox. I'm almost wondering if it could be someone's avatar that is in Dropbox? Nick, any idea if there are certain pages on threads that load more slowly? There may be a database way of checking the avatar paths but I will have to wait until Tuesday to find that out unfortunately.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Forum slow? - 02/19/12 01:51 PM
Gotta be someone's avatar or picture on the dropbox front.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum slow? - 02/20/12 02:35 AM
Umm... my avatar is in dropbox.. Let me move it.

Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/20/12 06:34 AM
Wouldn't that be funny if it was ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!???!???? laugh
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 02/20/12 11:56 AM
Nope. Still the same here.
Posted By: Mad Beggar Re: Forum slow? - 02/20/12 04:50 PM
Good day everyone.

I've just completed another round of updates and tweaks to see if we can help out those of you with slow-forums issues out there.

Hopefully this latest round of changes will make everyone happy :-)

On a totally unrelated subject, for those of you who are interested, I recently found an interesting bug in Samsung TVs.
Any Series 6 or Series 8 TVs come with an ARC (Audio Return Channel) on HDMI2.
So I thought to myself : W00t !! Now my TV will relay audio based on the source I choose back into my Receiver !
Well, as it turns out, I was half right. The ARC will relay the audio from any source back to your receiver as long as your receiver is on HDMI2.... BUT IT WILL ONLY RELAY STEREO !!!
Why ? Well, as far as I can tell, it looks like the TV itself advertises its output as Stereo Only (since that's pretty much what's built-in to the damn thing).
Funny thing is that it does the same thing on Optical out.

Moral of the story, use your receiver as your HDMI switch instead.

Until my next appearance, I bid you all an excellent time.

MadBeggar.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 04:23 AM
The forum just got glacially slow for me about 5 minutes ago. I was trying to post a comment and I had to wait over 3 minutes for it to go through.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 04:30 AM
The forum just got glacially slow for me about 5 minutes ago. I was trying to post a comment and I had to wait over 3 minutes for it to go through.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 04:42 AM
There's an echo in here.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 04:43 AM
...echo in here.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 12:48 PM
This site muy muy slow dis mornin. Yesserday it was going fast.
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 12:53 PM
Very odd - we tried a reset at about 6:40 am EST today and it seems to have negatively affected you! Apologies! Anyone else?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 01:00 PM
All is about the same for me, Amie. Much slower than a month ago... though maybe a bit faster than a week ago.

Maybe I shouldn't give "time" details, because I'm not exactly sure that they're accurate.

I CAN say that everything slowed down once the "Like" and "+1" changes were made.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 01:23 PM
Amie, stop wasting your time! The forum isn't slow, it's them. The forum only seems slow when I'm not here. So you can imagine how I feel.
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 02:20 PM
Thanks for the laughs Bob and the update Mark and Brian. The caching should be finished now and we're hoping that does it - if not, plan . . . uh . . .j?
Posted By: Ajax Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 02:43 PM
Still fast-loading for me.

There is new, very unimportant trait that I find mildly irritating. When I click on the title of a thread with new posts, the new page opens right on the first new post.

After a brief moment (1 second?) it snaps to an earlier post, sometimes as much as 3 posts earlier, and I have to go searching for the new one. Anyone else having a similar experience?

I know. Not very serious stuff, but I thought I would mention it because, on other forums, the page opens and STAYS on the first new post.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 02:45 PM
Jack, mine eventually goes to the new post, but only after going to the middle of the thread first, then stalling for several seconds, and finally going to the new post.

Even though it's only several seconds, it's irritating.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 03:57 PM
Premature page renderation?
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 04:59 PM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Premature page renderation?

Shouldn't that make things overly fast such that you would be onto the next page smoking a cigarette with your feet up before you even knew you finished the first one?
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 06:05 PM
Jack, mine eventually goes to the new post, but only after going to the middle of the thread first, then stalling for several seconds, and finally going to the new post.

Mark, I made a change to how the forums' header renders on February 3rd . . . do you think the jumping & stalling started then?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 07:24 PM
Honestly, it's hard to say. I've been away from home much of the last few weeks, so there hasn't been consistency in the computer I use or in my frame of mind.

I would say that roughly this has been going on between 2 and 4 weeks.

Sorry I can't pin it down more, Amie.
Posted By: Murph Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 07:48 PM
And whoooooo is taking care of Buddy?????
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 08:16 PM
You didn't get that UPS crate delivery?????!!!!!!
Posted By: Ajax Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 09:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Amie
I made a change to how the forums' header renders on February 3rd . . . do you think the jumping & stalling started then?

That sounds about right to me, Amie. I know it is a relatively recent phenomenon.
Posted By: SBrown Re: Forum slow? - 02/21/12 11:52 PM
It's been really fast for me ,but last night was the first time ever that it was very slow to load.
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 02/22/12 10:09 AM
Okay, I turned them off again. Incidentally, when I did that I put 'nofollow' tags on links in posts . . . it seems to have reduced the number of helpful golf posts we're getting. Wonder if I should take them off again?
Posted By: BobKay Re: Forum slow? - 02/22/12 02:47 PM

Calm down, it's only the internet. You don't have a real problem until Joyce says those words to you.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/23/12 01:08 PM
I hit a couple of forum threads (this one included) that wouldn't load even after stopping and refreshing them.

Maybe just luck, but after about 8 unsuccessful attempts on this on and the one about Windows on an iPad, I went up to the URL in my browser (Firefox) and removed the '&gonew=1#UNREAD' piece. Sure enough, they both loaded just fine. I didn't get taken to the unread posts (obviously), and it could have just been coincidence... Just an observation.
Posted By: Murph Re: Forum slow? - 02/23/12 01:44 PM
Hi Amy,

Web servers are not my thing, but it seems to me that if the issue lied in your web server, html code or other local settings, then the problem would be much more universal.. or .. it points to a very specific combination of setting on your web server on concert with the settings of particular users that are not playing friendly with each other.

The first scenario may just be regional traffic flow issues and thus unfixable by Axiom. The second sounds more plausible as the tracerts I saw earlier did show the sometimes normal discrepancies but certainly there was no smoking gun. The second, unfortunately, is also a bigger, much more difficult chase, as I'm sure I don't need to tell you.

If this helps,
I have yet to see the lag some folks are mentioning so I once again tried multiple browsers from both work and home and could not replicate the issue. Both are from the same service provider but yesterday I was visiting a client in NB and had some time at lunch to poke around the board at lunch. Their PBX business is through us but they use a competing ISP, Rogers. Again no issues via the four browsers I have on my laptop.

Tracerouting to Axiom through Rogers gave me the expected extra few hops as it went through their core in the US to get to Ontario, as apposed to our direct route, but even then I did not see a noticeable difference in Axiom load times.

I'm not sure if this info helps at all as it broadens the mystery more than it narrows it down but I'll add it to the mix as sometimes knowing what is 'not' effected can be as important as what is being effected.

I don't think I ever logged in during my lunch tests yesterday. I doubt that mattered much but I'll add this detail just in case.

Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 02/23/12 04:25 PM
I've never experienced the slowness problem from work. Only from my home AT&T DSL connection.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that the forum is loading fast this morning....better than it has in many weeks!

I need to test it more to be sure.

Hurry up and post, guys!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 03:49 PM
It certainly felt fast last night.
Posted By: Wid Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
It certainly felt fast last night.

Are you just asking for trouble smile
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 04:02 PM
Yeah, pretty much.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 04:10 PM
Did it chafe?
Posted By: Henry66 Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 05:07 PM
The social media buttons are gone from the individual posts!
Yay! That cured my problem with the slowness.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 05:21 PM
It also seems to have cured the post jump after opening to the first new post. Each thread now opens to the first new post and stays there. WOOHOO!!! grin
Posted By: BrenR Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 07:07 PM
A lot better here as well.

Bren R.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 07:53 PM
Much better today smile
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 09:18 PM
Yup- No jumping posts nor slow loading! Woo Hoo!

Now, the only thing a little slow around here is me!
Posted By: richeydog Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 09:25 PM
Can we travel back in time to yesterday when it was fast? lol
Very slow for me today. mad
Posted By: BobKay Re: Forum slow? - 02/24/12 10:10 PM
Michael, maybe you should PM mpwy before you go to bed and ask him how the boards are doing tomorrow. Too bad all of your Samoan friends are no longer useful.
Posted By: ibmack Re: Forum slow? - 02/25/12 09:43 PM
Axiom site has been incredibly slow for me - has been for many weeks/months on my PC (Explorer 9, Windows 7). The only site I have trouble with. On the other hand my ipad loads axiom pages with no problem - on same wireless network. My work laptop hooked up to my home wireless similarly works fine (Explorer 8, Windows 7). My old computer (XP, Explorer 8) however has the same problem as my PC.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 02/26/12 04:15 AM
I haven't noticed any slowness for the past couple of days.
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Forum slow? - 02/26/12 09:48 PM
Look's like it is back to normal smile
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 02/26/12 10:22 PM
Still slow/"pauses" here.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Forum slow? - 02/26/12 11:45 PM
i never experience the forum being slow... I'm using a Macbook Pro with a core 2 Duo.. I use Chrome for a browser... Has anyone using Chrome experienced the "slow forum" that others are talking about?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum slow? - 02/27/12 01:50 AM
I've got a late 2001 MacBook Pro and also use Chrome. The forum was very slow for me one day last week.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Forum slow? - 02/27/12 04:02 AM
2001?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Forum slow? - 02/27/12 04:49 AM
Peter recently upgraded from a C64.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Forum slow? - 02/27/12 04:53 AM
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I've got a late 2001 MacBook Pro and also use Chrome. The forum was very slow for me one day last week.

Wouldn't that be a powerbook? I had a 2005 powerbook.... macbook's weren't released until 06....

Time for a new computer bro... Even i only use a laptop for 4-5 years.... 10 is pushing it...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Forum slow? - 02/27/12 12:30 PM
Given that I know exactly what he uses, he transposed two digits.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum slow? - 02/27/12 02:34 PM
Early 2011. Sowwwy!

Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 02/29/12 12:31 AM
I'm at home, it's 6:30pm CST and this site has the creepy crawlers again. First time in a couple of weeks, it seems.
Posted By: Murph Re: Forum slow? - 02/29/12 04:53 PM
Close down all those other tabs open with porn sights on them, you'll be fine.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Forum slow? - 02/29/12 05:18 PM
But he can't quit the kitty - the origin of the name is finally revealed.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 02/29/12 06:32 PM
Oh no! I've been found out!
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 03/08/12 01:11 PM
Site going really slow this morning and last night.
Posted By: Murph Re: Forum slow? - 03/08/12 01:22 PM
Fast here.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 03/08/12 01:29 PM
AT&T raised my rates from $35 to $45 / month for DSL. I'm thinking about switching to Time Warner road runner cable for internet. Last time I did that, I got screwed by Time Warner and I dropped it. But I know what to look out for this time.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Forum slow? - 03/08/12 02:23 PM
It's been consistently fast for me now over the last couple of weeks.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 03/08/12 02:25 PM
Yeah, no problems here anymore either.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum slow? - 03/08/12 02:59 PM
Looks like it's just you.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Forum slow? - 03/08/12 03:33 PM
Page loads still hang for me. Many times it is when loading subcomponents like Google Analytics, or Twitter (even though that is supposed to be AFTER everything else loads).
Posted By: ibmack Re: Forum slow? - 03/09/12 01:38 AM
My response time is still ridiculously slow. 25 to 30 seconds per page. Only site this happens for me. I have a very fast broadband service with Shaw. I have tried some of the suggestions on this thread and none have made any difference. Rats. I really like this site.
Posted By: SBrown Re: Forum slow? - 03/09/12 01:56 AM
Same here, I am with Shaw and even got the juiced version and was slow last night too.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Forum slow? - 03/09/12 01:56 AM
You guys have tried changing your DNS?
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum slow? - 03/09/12 02:11 AM
That's a good idea. Here are two options for people experiencing slowness to try:

OpenDNS (instructions):

Google Public DNS (instructions):
Posted By: ibmack Re: Forum slow? - 03/09/12 02:41 AM
Hey thanks a lot. That cut down my wait to about 10 seconds per page - blazing by comparison to what I had before, but still the slowest site. Anyway I can live with this rate.
Posted By: Murph Re: Forum slow? - 03/09/12 12:47 PM
DNS = Chinese food flavor of the month club. AKA Dynamic Noodle Service.

OK, that was really bad. Did I mention I'm still overtired? Sorry but this is what happens. I even had a spooky 'Charles type' dream last night. It would take too long to explain though.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Forum slow? - 03/09/12 01:08 PM
I'll have to try that later when I have more time. I didn't know how before.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Forum slow? - 03/09/12 01:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
I even had a spooky 'Charles type' dream last night. It would take too long to explain though.

Well now you HAVE to tell us!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 04/25/12 08:19 PM
Amie- were you guys working on the forum servers again?

The forums were down for at least 20 minutes not long ago....
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 04/25/12 08:32 PM
We had a forecasted-to-be-1.5-minute-but-really-5-minute outage as we upgraded the ram on the server - was it at 3:14 or so?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Forum slow? - 04/25/12 08:33 PM
Something like that, yeah. 3:22 was when I noticed.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Forum slow? - 04/25/12 08:38 PM
Strange- it was much longer than that here. Must have had something to do with the caching!
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Forum slow? - 04/25/12 08:39 PM
I didn't notice until Ken whined to me via IM. You do realize this place is in our blood, Amie? We suffer without our fix!
Posted By: Amie Re: Forum slow? - 04/25/12 08:51 PM
TTL is set at 5 minutes - harumph. Mark's ISP was disrespectin' the TTL! Sorry the downtime was so long! I thought 90 seconds seemed okay . . . but clearly it was cold out there!
Posted By: Murph Re: Forum slow? - 04/26/12 02:14 PM
I think Mark needs an intervention. You don't see me here posting every day like I'm an addict or som.............. Umm nevermind.
Posted By: fredk Re: Forum slow? - 04/26/12 08:14 PM
We can tell how many teleconferences you've been in on any given day by the number of posts.
Posted By: Murph Re: Forum slow? - 04/26/12 08:15 PM
hahah, that's sadly true.
© Axiom Message Boards