Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lampshade Need help buying airline tickets - 02/19/12 01:30 AM
I am buying a roundtrip ticket to Thailand with the trip lasting about a month. want to use expedia or similar to buy the ticket but I have zero experience with travelling.

If you buy a discount ticket, can you amend it or refund it?
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Need help buying airline tickets - 02/19/12 04:30 AM
For pricing up option, I like using kayak.com... It gives you so many options and is a secure site for any payment information. Most airlines will charge you something if you change your plans. I know domestically in the US it is around the $150 to make a change. Refundable ticket generally cost considerably more if you can find them. Good luck..

Ps I travel for work to two different cities across the US every month via air travel. We have a corporate travel website that we need to book through, but for finding my best date/time options I use kayak.com every now and then. It helped me to save about $350 on my flight tickets for my trip in just over a month. I just changed the day I was returning and dollars were saved.

Ppss don't wait too long to book. There is definitely a prime time window to order. Too too. And they are what I call "list price". Within a month of the travel dates and it can start to sell out and prices can go sky high...
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Need help buying airline tickets - 02/19/12 05:07 AM
Thanks Nick,
before I read your post....I just finished buying the ticket after using Kayak. It worked great.
© Axiom Message Boards