Axiom Home Page
Posted By: whippersnapper The Interminable Wait... - 02/25/12 05:18 PM
After literally years of delay, I FINALLY ordered my Axioms on February 9th (M22s, QS8s and a VP150). Part of convincing my sweet wife to agree to this was selecting a finish that would blend well with our log home. And, of course, the custom finish meant that it would take 10 (count 'em - 10!) business days for my speakers to ship. Those may well have been the longest 10 days of my life! At last I received the email Axiom that the shipment had gone out. Now the next phase of waiting has begun -- following the tracking on Fedex. I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that my speakers left Ohio this morning. Of course, it's still a long way to Montana but at least there's progress.
I know, I know -- I'm starting to babble. Well, what did you all do during that endless interval between The Order and The Delivery? I am So Anxious to hear these puppies in my great room I can hardly stand it.
Eager to join the ranks of Axiom owners, I am.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/25/12 06:09 PM
Congrats, whippersnapper! The wait for new audio stuff is excruciating, especially with a custom order due to the extra time. However, you will be so pleased once you finally get your speakers in the finish you wanted. After all, what's a handful of extra days compared to a lifetime of having speakers that sound awesome and are in a finish that makes your wife happy? Win/win!!

Checked your profile--as a coincidence, I listened to Peter Gabriel last night, So on SACD.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/25/12 06:14 PM
Welcome, Whipper.

Most of us just make nose smudges on the window facing the road while we're waiting.

And some - not all - are prone to making whimpering noises!

Congrats on the new setup! Take photos for us!
Posted By: avjunkee Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/25/12 06:37 PM
Originally Posted By: whippersnapper
Well, what did you all do during that endless interval between The Order and The Delivery? I am So Anxious to hear these puppies in my great room I can hardly stand it.
Eager to join the ranks of Axiom owners, I am.

Check for shipping or tracking updates every five minutes, that always helps pass the time.
Posted By: jakewash Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/25/12 06:43 PM
Welcome to the Axiom family, I am sure you will be pleased with your new purchase and the shipping takes less time than the special order does to make, you will have them in no time.................as long as the weather holds out wink
Posted By: CV Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/25/12 10:13 PM
Part of convincing my sweet wife to agree to this was selecting a finish that would blend well with our log home. And, of course, the custom finish meant that it would take 10 (count 'em - 10!) business days for my speakers to ship.

What finish did you end up going with? Or are you having them match exactly to something in your home?
Posted By: dakkon Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/25/12 11:05 PM
I think, that Amie should start writing a "wife's newsletter", so that more significant others could have the same view that she does of stereo/HT related items entering the house.

This is from the Axiom Blog...
http://www.axiomaudio.com/blog/home-theater-speaker-at-show/

This post was written by

Amie C – who has written 29 posts on AxiomAudioBlog.
President's wife smile Defacto, that makes her an audio guinea pig, whose only request to the lab is to always run sample products in colors that blend in with the rest of her home! She considers herself the Audiobyte's Number 1 fan.

Also, what ever you do wind up doing with your time... do NOT look for other things to buy to "enhance" the experiece... like a pair of sub's, or a Plasma TV, or a set of HT reclining chairs, or well... you get the point....
Posted By: Argon Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/26/12 01:36 PM
Well......I was sick on the day that my speakers were due to arrive. I actually had to call work and tell them I was unable to come in that day...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/26/12 02:40 PM
hmmm likely story. smile
Posted By: Ajax Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/26/12 03:02 PM
Ah yes. The Axiom flu. It is a common illness around here.
Posted By: whippersnapper Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/26/12 03:32 PM
Re - what finish did you go with:

We ended up picking the Mansfield Beech veneer with Warm Tan grills. In a perfect, Lotto-winning, fantasy world, I'd have picked the Knotty Pine real wood, but that simply added too much cost to the package.

Whippersnapper
Posted By: whippersnapper Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/26/12 03:39 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Folks! I'll let you know when the speakers arrive and will post some pix of the set up. Always assuming, of course, that I can tear myself away from the listening long enough to do those things.

You'll have to excuse me now, I seem to be coming down with the dreaded Axiom flu...

Whippernapper
Posted By: Argon Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/26/12 04:29 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Folks! I'll let you know when the speakers arrive and will post some pix of the set up. Always assuming, of course, that I can tear myself away from the listening long enough to do those things.

You'll have to excuse me now, I seem to be coming down with the dreaded Axiom flu...

Whippernapper

The only cure is "more cowbell"
Posted By: jakewash Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/26/12 09:45 PM
and the amp at '11'
Posted By: dakkon Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/27/12 01:59 AM
Originally Posted By: Argon

You dont even know how true this is!!!..... i feel for the generations that are growing up now, SNL sure isn't what it use to be....
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/27/12 03:18 AM
Originally Posted By: dakkon

You dont even know how true this is!!!..... i feel for the generations that are growing up now, SNL sure isn't what it use to be....

That is why it is our responsibility as parents to play classic rock from the day they are born. My kids like my music just as much or more than they like the new stuff. Mission accomplished lol.
Posted By: Argon Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/27/12 12:46 PM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
Originally Posted By: dakkon

That is why it is our responsibility as parents to play classic rock from the day they are born. My kids like my music just as much or more than they like the new stuff. Mission accomplished lol.

Plus 1 on playing the music for the kids. Both daughters have let me pull music off their Ipods - They have very diverse tastes. From Louis Armstrong/Benny Goodman/Frank Sinatra/Dean Martin to the Beatles/Stones to Vivaldi/Bach/Cello Concertos to Dixie Chicks to the latest HipHop Rap.
Plus 10 on SNL - nuff said.
Posted By: whippersnapper Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/28/12 02:31 AM
Well, my speakers are spending the night in St. Paul, Minnesota. That just doesn't seem right, somehow.

Nose firmly pressed against the window pane, waiting for the delivery,

Whippersnapper
Posted By: whippersnapper Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/29/12 02:29 AM
<Doing my best Darren McGavin dance>

Tomorrow, tomorrow, hot damn, they're coming tomorrow!

Whippersnapper
Posted By: Kruncher Re: The Interminable Wait... - 02/29/12 03:26 AM
Try to sleep tonight. You might not get much over the next few days once the speakers are setup.

As to the music education, I've got my 12 y.o. son listening to Albert King's Born Under A Bad Sign and Crosscut Saw right now. I have to balance his Top 40 exposure in Mom's van. It's my duty. wink
© Axiom Message Boards