Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CatBrat 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/26/12 04:18 PM
Here is a poll to see which picture you think will win an oscar for best picture. Ends today at 6:00 cst. Just make your best guess, whether you've seen it or not.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/26/12 04:52 PM
I've only seen two--The Help and The Tree of Life.

I like the individual performances of the actors in The Help, but don't feel it's a strong enough movie for Best Picture. Parts of it felt disjointed and it seemed to be missing something--it seemed to be searching for a "tone" throughout, flipping between heartfelt and campy.

I absolutely loved The Tree of Life. I found it absorbing and a visual delight. This movie is a love it or hate it type, and from what I've read on the internet, most people hated it. The movie has no conventional plot, rather it muses on "life" from creation to the scattered memories of a childhood. Even if you don't care for the movie, the cinematography alone is worth a view. Every scene is simply breathtaking.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/26/12 05:22 PM
The Tree of Life is the only one I've seen. I doubt that it'll win. Most people that I've talked to have only seen The Help. Most seem to think that The Artist will probably win. Personally, I picked Hugo. I haven't seen it, but I've just got my hunches based on what I've read.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/26/12 06:28 PM
Didn't Tree win Cannes? The only one I have seen is Moneyball. A good movie but not best picture of the year. I wish I had seen War Horse and Hugo so I could vote properly.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/26/12 09:00 PM
Alright, raise your hands: How many will be shocked to learn that I haven't seen ANY of them? smile
Posted By: CV Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/26/12 09:10 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Alright, raise your hands: How many will be shocked to learn that I haven't seen ANY of them? smile

Not even Other, the prequel to The Others?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/26/12 09:11 PM
Also, I'm pretty sure that the statuette award for tonight is a little Ultraman.

Posted By: Ya_basta Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/26/12 09:22 PM
There's no "Oscars? What are they" choice...
Posted By: nickbuol Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/26/12 10:18 PM
I actually haven't seen any of them, so I can't vote...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/27/12 01:48 AM
I saw Midnight in Paris only because it was being shown on a plane. It was entertaining, but I can't believe how it got nominated for Best Picture. So formulaic.
Posted By: BrenR Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/27/12 07:31 PM
I saw Moneyball, I'm an A's fan... and usually a Brad Pitt fan...

It gave me nothing.

Bren R.
Posted By: jakewash Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/28/12 01:26 AM
I saw the last half of Money Ball, descent enough movie but Best Picture worthy it is not.
Posted By: Adrian Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/28/12 05:34 PM
Saw Money Ball, the only one on the list I actually saw. I thought it was ok, but agree it's not Ugly Statue worthy.
Posted By: CV Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/28/12 05:38 PM
I'll disagree with you all and say I would have been fine with Moneyball winning.
Posted By: Adrian Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/28/12 10:17 PM
Originally Posted By: CV
I'll disagree with you all and say I would have been fine with Moneyball winning.

I can't compare MB to the other movies since I haven't seen any of the others, but if MB is in fact, the best of that bunch...I won't be seenig any of them. Just my opinion of course. wink
Posted By: Murph Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/29/12 04:56 PM
I've only seen The Help and Warhorse on that list so far. I've been too busy at work for too many serious movies these days, going more for escapism.

Of those two, The Help was far better. Warhorse was OK but falls into the category of "they tried way too hard."
Posted By: CatBrat Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/29/12 06:34 PM
Yesterday I put all of the available movies nominated for 2012 best picture next in my Netflix queue that were available. About half of them haven't been released yet.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: 2012 Best Picture poll - 02/29/12 06:37 PM
2011 nominee Winter's Bone must of been a bad movie, because I never see it for sale at BB. But, that didn't stop them from selling all the other bad movies. Go figure.
© Axiom Message Boards