Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ClubNeon Canon Announced Two New Products Today - 03/02/12 07:30 PM
I pre-ordered one of them...

Not the 5D Mark III (although I'm thinking about it). I did order the new Speedlite 600EX-RT. I sold my 580EX a couple months ago, I had planned on replacing it with the II revision, but heard rumors of a completely new model. Glad I waited.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Canon Announced Two New Products Today - 03/03/12 02:23 PM
Chris, darn it! Where are the links???

Man, now I have to Google it. . . .or something.

*sigh*
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Canon Announced Two New Products Today - 03/03/12 05:44 PM
Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Chris, darn it! Where are the links???

Man, now I have to Google it. . . .or something.

*sigh*

EOS 5D Mark III
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Canon Announced Two New Products Today - 03/03/12 05:45 PM
Thanks, Cam!
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Canon Announced Two New Products Today - 03/04/12 02:32 AM
And if you want to see the info on the 600EX.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Canon Announced Two New Products Today - 03/04/12 03:48 AM
I wonder how the 5D MKIII will appeal to consumers... I have a MKI body, and have read that many people actually prefer the MKI over the MKII.. From what i have read, many people say that the images from the MKII look digital and not organic, like they are over processed....

Even with "Only" 12mp, all of my prints are 16"X20"... i guess you could go REALLY big with 22mp.. The MUCH higher iso would be nice, if there isn't much noise at the higher end... i remember when the Nikon D3 came out, iso 3200 was quite impressive... i can only imagine what iso 102400 would be like..... Would be great for shooting plays and the sort...
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Canon Announced Two New Products Today - 04/03/12 01:58 AM
Got my Speedlite today. It's one heck of a flash.

Only now I want more of them so I can try the radio communication features. There's even a feature that allows a slave flash to release the shutter (1DX/5DMk3 via the shoe, others by cable) of an additional camera (or 15).

That's what I want 16 5DMk3s, with 600EX-RTs on top. I don't know what I'd do, but I'd have 16 pictures of it from different angles.
© Axiom Message Boards