Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ray3 The (new) iPad3 - 03/08/12 11:55 PM
Well, I just couldn't help myself - I finally got through to Apple via phone at 5 PM yesterday (eastern time) and ordered one of these bad boys (black, 32GB, wi-fi only). Will be delivered on 3/16. Also ordered an Apple TV. Wanted both if these guys since the iPad 2 came out, but decided to wait for this version.

Retina screen, Air Play, iTunes Match, Bluetooth 4.0 possibilities - all works together nicely. Also, I have the grandfathered Verizon unlimited plan and had the 2GB/$20 per month data plan turned on for using my wife's smartphone as a hotspot. Very nice to have wifi available for her Galaxy tab while we are cruising down the highway. Plan to use the iPad this way too.

Not sure what I am going to do about the Apple TV yet. I googled "Apple TV jailbreak" and found out two things:1) easy to do and undo and 2) jailbreaking REALLY expands the things that can be done with the thing.

Very excited.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: The (new) iPad3 - 03/09/12 12:38 AM
I think people don't tend to jailbreak the new ones. It's the older ones with a hard drive that people did that to. Completely different system, really.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: The (new) iPad3 - 03/09/12 01:30 AM
Have fun, Ray.
© Axiom Message Boards