Axiom Home Page
Posted By: RickF HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/29/12 08:58 PM
Has anybody bought any HDMI cables from Amazon.com? I was about to place an order from Monoprice and saw the shipping charges were pretty high for standard 3-5 business days so I thought I'd check out Amazon since I am a Prime member with free shipping. Their cables seem ridiculously cheap to me and wonder if the quality is as good as Monoprice ... my usual go-to store for cables.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/29/12 09:29 PM
Rick, I don't think I've bought HDMIs from Amazon yet, but I HAVE started buying other cables from them for the same reasons. Today, in fact, I got in some analog audio cables with right-angle adapters that Monoprice didn't carry. Sometimes, despite their cheap price, by time you add shipping and those of us on the right coast wait 5-6 days for shipping, it just makes sense to go with Amazon if you're a Prime member.
Posted By: Kruncher Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/29/12 09:54 PM
I bought a 6' HDMI cable for about $9, a DVI to mini-DVI cable for about $6, an optical cable in preparation for an Apple Airport Express for $4 something, and a couple of other adapters/mini-jack cables for exactly $0.01 each. No extra shipping charges on any of them. All from Amazon, each separate orders, usually added onto a blu-ray or book order. No problems with any of them, FWIW.
Posted By: Tico Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/29/12 10:44 PM
I've bought about ten Mediabridge Ultra Series HDMI cables from Amazon over the past couple of years and they've been great.
Posted By: RickF Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/29/12 10:58 PM
Hey Oscar, good to see you .... if you ever make it this way be sure to stop in.

I put my order in with Amazon, the money I saved in shipping I used towards Bonnie Rait's pre-order CD.

Worked out great!
Posted By: cb919 Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/29/12 11:49 PM
I actually did not know Amazon sold cables. And I even need an HDMI cable right now. I'll check it out. Thanks Rick.
Posted By: dakkon Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/30/12 12:06 AM
Originally Posted By: cb919
I actually did not know Amazon sold cables. And I even need an HDMI cable right now. I'll check it out. Thanks Rick.

Amazon sells everything now man..!

I actually buy a decent amount of power tools from them.. They have name brand tools for much less than they are sold locally.. you can also get factory refurbished tools as well for even less. So far i have had good luck with pretty much everything that i have bought from amazon.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/30/12 03:56 AM
I get a delivery from Amazon almost every day. I've never bought HDMI, but did get 5 DVI cables for the computer at work. They look cheap, but function perfectly well.
Posted By: Murph Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/30/12 12:26 PM
Originally Posted By: RickF
Hey Oscar, good to see you .... if you ever make it this way be sure to stop in.

I put my order in with Amazon, the money I saved in shipping I used towards Bonnie Rait's pre-order CD.

Worked out great!

That's my problem with Amazon. It's way too tempting to add that one extra item every time I order. Stupid wishlist, always knowing what I want!!!!
Posted By: Tico Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/31/12 01:44 AM
Originally Posted By: RickF

Hey Rick, we need to get together for a few cold ones sometime soon.

Take care.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 03/31/12 04:10 AM
Rick, I've bought a 6 ft amazon basics HDMI cable and 3 blue rigger HDMI cables ranging from 6 to 25 feet from amazon. I have had zero problems, and even pass 3d over the 25 foot cable.
Posted By: cb919 Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 04/11/12 06:29 PM
In case this helps anybody, HDMI.org has a product finder page where you can search for devices that are 100% HDMI compliant.

http://www.hdmi.org/prodFinder/ProductSearch.aspx

Cheers,
Posted By: HomeDad Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 04/11/12 07:37 PM
I just bought a couple HDMI cables from Amazon when I setup the new TV. They seem to be nice quality cables and work great.
Posted By: Gary Vose Sr Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 04/12/12 02:21 AM
I just purchased a Roku XS, then purchased the App. for the MLB package for this coming season. I bought a 6 ft. HDMI cable as well to make the connection for just under $6.00 both from Amazon. For being a internet generated signal, it looks really good to me.
Posted By: mpyw Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 04/12/12 08:19 AM
I've got my 25' HDMI cable from Amazon, works great even for 3D, all for $10.50.

Bought from them some subwoofer RCA cable (50') and 3.5mm and 100' 14AWG cable as well, all works fine.
Posted By: cb919 Re: HDMI Cables from Amazon... - 04/12/12 05:35 PM
Just ordered two 6 foot HDMI cables for $5 each - I splurged for the fancy looking ones! grin I only actually need one, but I've learned having a spare always comes in handy.
© Axiom Message Boards