Axiom Home Page
Posted By: LT61 New hybrid speakers - 04/01/12 07:39 PM
Hello,

I haven't been on for a long time, I didn't really have much to add...until now. Axiom's new speakers with the rear facing drivers (the 1100's) will be quite the upgrade. I, however...could not wait to try them. Sooooo, I just got (from a new hybrid speaker mfg) my new "Backfire bolt-on" rear driver set. These blow away any speaker without them! They are on the web at: www.Backfirebolton.com

They are easy to mount...you just drill 10 holes on top of your mains, and connect them to the crossover with the provided connectors. I will add a picture of my set mounted to my M60s for all to see...plus, they perfectly match the original factory finish of your mains. Thanks, and check them out!

Posted By: Gary Vose Sr Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/01/12 08:32 PM
I'm glad you're happy with the new purchase.

Is the front sound stage more enveloping? What about the dynamics of the sound coming from L/R speakers?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/01/12 08:38 PM
Welcome back, Larry. wink
Posted By: fredk Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/01/12 11:44 PM
Can't connet to the site. These must be so popular the server is overwhelmed.
Posted By: CV Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/01/12 11:53 PM
I bet Michael Bolt-on sounds really good with these.
Posted By: J. B. Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 12:07 AM
trying to go to the site, it says:

"could not locate remote server".
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 12:14 AM
Those are awesome and I will be purchasing them forthwith.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 12:58 AM
I think that they are only for sale today. Better get on to the site, or dial their number: 877-IMA-FOOL
Posted By: JohnK Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 01:13 AM
Larry, I always look forward to the remarkable audio products that you bring to our attention on April 1st. I'll certainly place my order as soon as I'm able to get into the site.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 01:15 AM
Where is the DSP box? Is that included?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 01:30 AM
Originally Posted By: CV
I bet Michael Bolt-on sounds really good with these.

That made me LOL!
Posted By: Andrew Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 01:57 AM
Brilliant! I'm stopping work on the LFR1100 and the DSP and we will simply be strapping a pair of these onto the backs of standard M80s. Unfortunately the price will remain at $3,760. wink
Posted By: Ken.C Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 02:03 AM
Ay-und two... bits!
Posted By: Lampshade Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 02:09 AM
I did this experiment last month with the pink M3s on top of my 80s. But they were facing backwards. I am kicking myself now for not patenting it.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 02:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Ay-und two... bits!

I didn't know your name was Jud... wink
Posted By: fredk Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 03:20 AM
Originally Posted By: Andrew
Brilliant! I'm stopping work on the LFR1100 and the DSP and we will simply be strapping a pair of these onto the backs of standard M80s. Unfortunately the price will remain at $3,760. wink

At that price I expect at least a nice looking empty box with dials knobs and switches to replace the dsp.
Posted By: dakkon Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 03:25 AM
Originally Posted By: fredk

At that price I expect at least a nice looking empty box with dials knobs and switches to replace the dsp.

But many more LED's, and maybe some lead weight inside to prevent the consumer from thinking they got gypped..
Posted By: J. B. Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/02/12 11:04 AM
Originally Posted By: dakkon
Originally Posted By: fredk

But many more LED's, and maybe some lead weight inside to prevent the consumer from thinking they got gypped..

and if anyone opens the box, the warranty is void.
Posted By: LT61 Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/03/12 03:42 PM
John, I already have a thought for next year. (don't tell the others).

John...on another note, here is a link to a great site for rare movie soundtracks. www.lalalandrecords.com

I just ordered the new release of "The Robe" a remastered double cd. It's one of Alfred's best. (this link works,too ;))
Posted By: JohnK Re: New hybrid speakers - 04/04/12 02:03 AM
Larry, we'll be looking forward to it(although Andrew didn't seem to be especially amused by your most recent effort), but hope that we hear from you again earlier than that.

Yes, that's an interesting soundtrack site. As I've said before, much of the best modern "classical" music is found in movies. If you don't have it already, you might check out the 2-disc set of the exotic musical themes which Alex North composed for Cleopatra . I think you might enjoy it, as I do.
© Axiom Message Boards