Axiom Home Page
Posted By: whippersnapper Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 04:27 PM
So how come none of you Canadians are talkin' about the Stanley Cup Playoffs? The reason I'm not is simple -- my Penguins bowed out ignominiously in the first round so there was nothing left to say.
Posted By: Ajax Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 04:42 PM
Same for my Red Wings. I DON'T want to talk about it. cry
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 04:46 PM
Originally Posted By: whippersnapper
So how come none of you Canadians are talkin' about the Stanley Cup Playoffs? The reason I'm not is simple -- my Penguins bowed out ignominiously in the first round so there was nothing left to say.

I'm watching baseball instead. The Toronto Maple Leafs and their incompetence from the top down have destroyed my love of hockey. I haven't watched a full NHL hockey game in close to 5 years now.
Posted By: Steve H Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 05:42 PM
Since there aren't any Canadian's left in the race I've lost interest. I'm still watching but usually fall asleep after the 2nd.
Posted By: onn Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 06:31 PM
I watch Junior hockey so I'm still following my team.
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 07:36 PM
Best to avoid what you'd rather not even think about. cry
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 07:39 PM
now here is a controversy. The US knows no boundries. They lure all the great players away from canada with money and then steal our cup using our players.
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 07:46 PM
I see it as simple supply and demand at work, regardless of geography or industry for that matter. It's just amplified a bit in the NHL as there really are very few "jobs" for players, albeit generally very well paying ones.

Locally, there's been a similar story in the news of late about dermatologists graduating from school here and immediately moving to other regions, where the money is. Who can really blame them?
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 07:54 PM
Moving and being coerced ,entirely different. Canada cranks out more top hockey players. Please correct me if im wrong.

they should be paid by the position they play, bonus' for goals scored and assists. Same way everyone else that works .
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 08:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
now here is a controversy. The US knows no boundries. They lure all the great players away from canada with money and then steal our cup using our players.

It's going to be soooooo sweet...
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 09:02 PM
long time coming,but oh so sweet. i truly wish the leafs to could rise up.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 09:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Socketman
long time coming,but oh so sweet. i truly wish the leafs to could rise up.

After 4 years of Burke, no goalie or defense or really any
Canadian born players at the NHL level let alone quality ones. shocked
Posted By: whippersnapper Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 09:50 PM
Still, kind of unprecedented how so many top-tier teams bowed out in the first round, don't you think? Does that make the Rangers the team to beat now?
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/04/12 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: whippersnapper
Still, kind of unprecedented how so many top-tier teams bowed out in the first round, don't you think? Does that make the Rangers the team to beat now?

Not at all, they just heard good golfing weather was going to be on hand. The dont get paid to got to the cup,and after the bs in vancouver last year better for them to just flake out and go to the golf course.
Posted By: fredk Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/05/12 12:28 AM
Its: The Playoffs. We know its hockey and the prize is Lord Stanley's cup some time in the second trimester. By birth its assumed.

When Joe next door says "I'm grabbin' a Timmes and a twofer and headin' fer the game." Nobody asks where the bat is. If its over 90 out they say "Dude, its too hot for ball hockey."
Posted By: Kruncher Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/05/12 02:31 AM
Yes, I know that living in Vancouver, we haven't seen one of these won by the home team either, but I do love this picture.

Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/05/12 03:36 AM
Hahahahahah. Good one. That is so true.
Posted By: whippersnapper Re: Hockey Playoffs - 05/05/12 04:52 PM
Thanks, Kruncher. That one got coffee up my nose!
© Axiom Message Boards