Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol R.I.P. Adam 'MCA' Yauch - 05/05/12 12:33 AM
I used to listen to the Beasty Boys when I was younger, and then actually picked up their Anthology a few years back. Founding member MCA died after a fight with cancer. I think that I will have to break out the Anthology while working on the acoustical treatments in my theater tonight...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: R.I.P. Adam 'MCA' Yauch - 05/05/12 01:10 AM
Miller High Life lounge has 3.75 Root Downs all night long in memory of his passing, come over to Des Moines everyone.
Posted By: Wid Re: R.I.P. Adam 'MCA' Yauch - 05/05/12 02:30 AM

Damn shame. He was a very talented musician. I wasn't a fan of the rap they put out but their jazz/funk is flippin awesome.
Posted By: CV Re: R.I.P. Adam 'MCA' Yauch - 05/05/12 02:48 AM
Very sad to see this news today. He seemed like a genuinely cool guy.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: R.I.P. Adam 'MCA' Yauch - 05/05/12 03:42 AM
I follow a rather diverse crowd of people on Facebook (actual friends), and Twitter (mostly celebrities), the admiration of MCA was so universal over so many different people it's amazing.

I didn't like everything the Beasties recorded, but the stuff I liked, I loved. The world lost a creative force way too soon.
Posted By: CV Re: R.I.P. Adam 'MCA' Yauch - 05/05/12 03:59 AM
They have some of the most classic music videos. I love the Criterion Collection DVD set. I'm going to put it on tomorrow and blast my system.
Posted By: INANE Re: R.I.P. Adam 'MCA' Yauch - 05/05/12 04:11 AM
I was actually coming here to start this thread tonight if it didn't already exist. I've always been a pretty big fan of theirs. I can't say I know too many people that actually hated them. I loved pretty much everything they did from rap to grunge to jazz. I don't think a lot of people realize how diverse they really were.
Posted By: CV Re: R.I.P. Adam 'MCA' Yauch - 05/05/12 06:17 AM
I'm finally getting around to watching this video that someone shared a long time ago. There sure are a ton of people in it.

Beastie Boys - Fight For Your Right (Revisited) Full Length
Posted By: INANE Re: R.I.P. Adam 'MCA' Yauch - 05/06/12 07:24 PM
Wow lots of folks in there! Thanks for sharing.
© Axiom Message Boards