Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/05/12 06:05 PM
Nice way to offend our Mexican and Mexican American Forum members, guys. Do you not celebrate it simply because you've gotten over the need for any alcoholic justifications whatsoever?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/05/12 06:39 PM
I'm making this tonight. Does that count?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/05/12 06:55 PM
I'm gonna go for the Dazed and Confused Mexican Pie.
Posted By: CV Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/05/12 07:19 PM
I'm going to wash a whole jar of mayo down the sink.
Posted By: BobKay Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/05/12 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
I'm making this tonight. Does that count?

It says "10 servings." Think how gluttonous you will appear if you do not invite me and Chris tonight.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/05/12 09:23 PM
Well, it'll be on the table in 15 mins.! You guys better drive really, really fast!

How fast does that hearse move, anyway? grin
Posted By: Gary Vose Sr Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/06/12 12:50 AM
Bob,

My family and I couldn't wait for Cinco de Mayo, we celebrated it on Tres de Mayo, we had tacos for dinner.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/06/12 04:52 AM
I was reading that Cinco de Mayo is celebrated more in the U.S. than it is in Mexico and that in Mexico, really only one "state" celebrates it.

As they said on the radio this morning, I think that it is more of a "Drinko de Mayo" anymore than anything.

No offense to anyone of Mexican heritage, just repeating something I heard.
Posted By: BobKay Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/06/12 01:32 PM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Well, it'll be on the table in 15 mins.! You guys better drive really, really fast!

How fast does that hearse move, anyway? grin

I was at your website last week. That van is lookin' kinda dated. If I were shopping for one, I think I'd seek a photographer with newer wheels.

Like I said, it served 10. Leftovers tonight? What time?

Gary, a head start is never a bad thing.
Nick, yes it's an American food and beverage marketing thing. It only remembers the Battle of Puebla and not Mexican independence. But, hey, I'm sure you guys would drink to that, eh?

Or just drink to Mark's birthday (Well, Steve AND Mark's today, but Mark's BDay is a real 'go to' for other occasions days of the week.)
Posted By: Gary Vose Sr Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/06/12 02:44 PM
When I used to wake up the day after Christmas as a child, I would say too myself, 364 more days to Christmas. Nowadays I say 364 more days to Cinco de Mayo. But the good news is if we celebrate it two days earlier like we did this year, then we only have 362 days, can't wait. Maybe next year I'll be a little more daring and put some hot sauce on top of my tacos in celebration of the holiday.
Posted By: BobKay Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/06/12 02:52 PM
My parents o.d.'d me on paregoric Xmas night, so I wouldn't wake up at all the day after.

So, Gary, do you party for The Puebla on BOTH days in the first week of May?
Posted By: Gary Vose Sr Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/06/12 03:36 PM
Bob, I had not in the past, but surely something to think about in the future thou. So when you finally woke up on December 27 TH were you thinking only 363 days to Christmas?
Posted By: BobKay Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/06/12 03:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Gary Vose Sr
Bob, I had not in the past, but surely something to think about in the future thou. So when you finally woke up on December 27 TH were you thinking only 363 days to Christmas?

No. It takes about a week for a 3-year old to fully recover from paregoric overdosing. My parents couldn't afford a sitter with B & D experience, so they did the best they could to steal some time alone.
Posted By: Gary Vose Sr Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/06/12 05:28 PM
Ok, so let me try this again. So Bob, when you finally woke up along about January 1 st, were you thinking only 357 days to Christmas?

Or was your parents still spiking your milk with paregoric?
Posted By: fredk Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/06/12 07:45 PM
I think they plumbed Bob the first time he was under and have been dosing him ever since. It would explaing a lot of things.
Posted By: Murph Re: What, No 'Happy Cinco' Thing? - 05/07/12 01:44 PM
I was in Sarasota about 6-7 years ago at this time. We had no idea it was a holiday and wondered why we saw so many packs of drunk people by 1:00pm. So we said to ourselves.... When in Rome!
© Axiom Message Boards