Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CatBrat higherfi dot com - 05/25/12 02:56 PM
Here's and interesting lineup of speakers.
Posted By: J. B. Re: higherfi dot com - 05/25/12 03:16 PM
got a good laugh about some specs on the Moon Audio Titan speakers: 15Hz to 90KHz.
i wonder how 85KHz sounds to my ears...
Posted By: BrenR Re: higherfi dot com - 05/25/12 03:23 PM
Code:
Finishes: Any adonized color

They're not anodized, they're Adonized. They have blended up the Greek God Adonis and sprayed him onto these enclosures!

Bren R.

Originally Posted By: J. B.
got a good laugh about some specs on the Moon Audio Titan speakers: 15Hz to 90KHz.
i wonder how 85KHz sounds to my ears...

Posted By: EFalardeau Re: higherfi dot com - 05/25/12 04:16 PM
That part (anti-gravity shelf) is cool!
http://www.moonaudio.com/shelf1.htm
That would make an excellent conversation piece. There's an idea for a business (affordable great conversation piece gadgets)!
Posted By: CV Re: higherfi dot com - 05/25/12 04:27 PM
Is it true that air provides zero transmission of the acoustic energy?
Posted By: J. B. Re: higherfi dot com - 05/25/12 05:20 PM
@ falardeau, i like your physics formula.
Posted By: J. B. Re: higherfi dot com - 05/25/12 05:24 PM
i guess the anti granity shelf crashed because it's been discontinued.
Posted By: J. B. Re: higherfi dot com - 05/25/12 07:31 PM
of course! i meant "anti gravity". ;-)
Posted By: JohnK Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 01:50 AM
Absolutely, Charles! You haven't heard of sound waves being able to make their way through air have you?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 02:05 AM
Weight: 2800 lbs.

Seriously, a 1 ton speaker?

And what an amazing departure from the rest of their line. It's almost like... well, like it's completely fake and totally imaginary.
Posted By: JohnK Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 02:17 AM
Yeah Ken, but don't worry; the $500,000 includes free shipping.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 02:31 AM
Well.

How generous, especially considering the flatbed truck they'll have to be shipped on.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 03:01 AM
I'd imagine positioning may require a crew to accomplish.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 03:07 AM
I'm thinking you'd better have a freight elevator in your house.
Posted By: dakkon Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 03:08 AM
Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
That part (anti-gravity shelf) is cool!
http://www.moonaudio.com/shelf1.htm
That would make an excellent conversation piece. There's an idea for a business (affordable great conversation piece gadgets)!

So, magnetism is "anti gravity" Wow.. I thought that magnetism and gravity were two specific scientific law's.. At least that's what the college institution that i went to taught me.... Damit, why didn't i come up with magnetism is anti gravity!!!!!....gr... i guess i am glad that there aren't many magnets on earth, or we would all float off into space.....
Posted By: Ken.C Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 03:13 AM
Well, it's also a good thing that no vibrations would be transmitted through those little retaining pins they have on the sides to keep the top from flopping off. Uh.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 03:14 AM
Dang, it just gets better and better! Check out their amp. It's 150WPC at 8 ohms, but 3000 at 4 ohms. That's some pretty incredible efficiency!

Also, it's as big as a coffee table, but only weighs 78lbs.
Posted By: JohnK Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 03:15 AM
Alex, it certainly works as advertised; "just trust your eyes". Incidentally, did you see my reply to you in the "New M60s owner" thread?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 03:18 AM
It's certainly a lovely render of those 2800lb beasties.
Posted By: dakkon Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 03:21 AM
Originally Posted By: JohnK
Alex, it certainly works as advertised; "just trust your eyes". Incidentally, did you see my reply to you in the "New M60s owner" thread?

Yeah, but i couldn't come up with anything witty... I have been working on landscaping stuffs, in the close to 100 degree weather down here... grrrr.....

Mark, it's anti gravity, so those pins aren't necessary, i am sure that that is just remnants from packing and they just forgot to pull those pins when the photo was taken. After all, you have to keep the platters together until they have something on them.. Right?
Posted By: J. B. Re: higherfi dot com - 05/26/12 10:38 AM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C
Weight: 2800 lbs.

Seriously, a 1 ton speaker?

And what an amazing departure from the rest of their line. It's almost like... well, like it's completely fake and totally imaginary.

they probably load the bottom with lead, just like F1 cars.

Wow!: speakers sold by weight.

i find it very funny reading pages on this and similar sites, they do have a keen sense of humor. too bad some take it seriously and spend serious amounts of money on monsters, to show off.
© Axiom Message Boards