Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ya_basta Video of how I play computer games. - 05/28/12 10:47 PM
I figured I would post this in a new thread as I imagine there are lots of people that don't read the gaming thread because it's of little or no interest to them, but will find my video of some value.

As I mentioned in the video, I'm a little nervous, and as a result my brain is misfiring crazy .

This is for you guys to learn from, so if you have any queries, feel free to ask.

Link.

Peace

P.S. I may only keep the video on YouTube for a couple weeks for safety reasons, so if anyone misses it, I apologize.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/28/12 11:34 PM
Video of how I watch the Video of how Cam plays computer games.

P.S. I may only keep the video on YouTube for a couple weeks for safety reasons, so if anyone misses it, I apologize.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/28/12 11:40 PM
Cam, thanks for sharing that video. To be honest, when I read your post this morning I had the same inquiring thought Ken did. So, thank you for letting us learn.

Ha ha, if it's any consolation, there are games I give up on due to the complicated control scheme. Man, I miss the old Atari days when it was just a joystick and a button. Or, Pong, with just the rotary dial (of which, one was nice and smooth and the other buggy and jittery, and therefore saved for your friends to play with).
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/28/12 11:41 PM
Cam, I hope you know that I mean no disrepect in posting my above video. I guess I just imagined that it would be funny to post a video of myself watching your video. Once I realized that doing so would likely cause someone else (I'm guessing Fred) to post a video of them watching me while I watch you, and so on and so on, I just couldn't resist posting.

Actually, your setup is pretty cool.

I know you just got the keyboard "settled", but I imagined it would be on a mounting arm that would enable you to change the height, angle and overall position.

Simple is best if it works for you, though!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/28/12 11:48 PM
Oh, and I should add that I only have one game for my XBox 360 that I play: The original Ghost Recon.

I can't work the controller well enough for any other....I only know the controls for that one.

I get frustrated and give up.

So, more kudos to you Cam!

Oh, and now I feel old.

Cam, get your chair off my lawn!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 12:07 AM
Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson

laugh laugh laugh

Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Cam, thanks for sharing that video. To be honest, when I read your post this morning I had the same inquiring thought Ken did.

After I made my post, I thought that would've been the case.

Ha ha, if it's any consolation, there are games I give up on due to the complicated control scheme.

Don't be such a baby, dude grin wink

Cam, get your chair off my lawn!

No! As a matter of fact, next time I'm going to do doughnuts!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 12:13 AM
Mmmmmmmmm.....Donuts...........

Posted By: Ken.C Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 12:40 AM
Thanks, dude! I guess I wasn't entirely clear in my head about what your level of SCI was. Good to know and understand more.

To be honest, I asked for partially selfish reasons--I suspect I'm going to need to get surgery for my tendonitis, and since I'm a computer guy by trade, I've been really nervous about how I'm going to actually be able to do my job if I can't use one of my hands.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 11:58 AM
Would ya believe Mark's video has more views than Cam's? it's 16 to 14 right now. Sounds like an NFL score.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 12:50 PM
I like the sage nod in the middle of Mark's.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 01:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C

I think he had decided on pizza for lunch just then.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 01:12 PM
I'm a little surprised he didn't go with an interested single eyebrow raise as his opening move.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 01:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Ken.C

I think he had decided on pizza for lunch just then.

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 02:06 PM
Originally Posted By: medic8r
I'm a little surprised he didn't go with an interested single eyebrow raise as his opening move.

I wanted the drama to be understated.

The over-the-top performances never win the Academy Award.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 03:13 PM
Would ya believe Mark's video has more views than Cam's? it's 16 to 14 right now. Sounds like an NFL score.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaark mad .

Leave it to a walkie to steal my thunder grin wink smile .
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 03:17 PM
Just ... awesome. Nice work all around, everybody. You guys made my day. grin
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 03:22 PM
And....... SCENE~!

Thank you Tom for attending this performance of:

"How Cam tried to do a good thing for us yet got steamrolled by Marks' stupidity"...

or....

"Axiom Derailment: Cam-Tastrophe 2012"
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 03:23 PM
(3-D)
Posted By: medic8r Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 03:43 PM
Get Craig to polish it for IMAX and then you'll be set!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/29/12 04:42 PM
And....... SCENE~!

"How Cam tried to do a good thing for us yet got steamrolled by Marks' stupidity"...

or....

smile

Great idea, J.P. Maybe he can also superimpose Teri in it.
Posted By: fredk Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/30/12 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Powertothepeople
And....... SCENE~!

or....

smile

Great idea, J.P. Maybe he can also superimpose Teri in it.

While making Mark disappear?

Geez Cam. I never even wondered how you play video games. Pretty cool setup!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/30/12 03:06 AM
It took a bit of thinking, but I finally figured er' out smile.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 05/30/12 03:02 PM
And this was in the "other suggested videos" to watch list next to Mark's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_NIGVaB2DI&feature=related

I just don't get youtube.

Posted By: INANE Re: Video of how I play computer games. - 06/01/12 05:12 AM
That's pretty cool Cam, thanks for sharing with the group!

I just had to LOL
© Axiom Message Boards