Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Woodrow Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/06/12 09:25 PM
Saw it on Audiogon. A power cord that sells new for $5,600..(Yes, I said five-thousand-sixhundred dollars) for only $1,900.

I'm in the wrong business. There's got to be a way to get in on the, "I don't know what to do with my money, so I'll give it to ahhh...., YOU." Unbelievable. I'm sure I can make a really techy-looking power cord for less than $30.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/tara-labs-cobalt-ac-6-the-best-ac-cord-on-the-market--2
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/06/12 09:55 PM
I need to dig through my basement. There must be something similar that I can sell for a few grand to the right person. How about an oriental S. Korean painting vintage 1975.
What a joke
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 03:49 AM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I need to dig through my basement. There must be something similar that I can sell for a few grand to the right person.

I believe selling body parts is illegal.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 04:08 AM
Buddy, it's great to bring bargains like that to the attention of "audiophiles" looking to "upgrade" their power cords. Some undoubtedly have been saving up for this one , being unaware that "The best AC cord on the market!" is available for much less.
Posted By: Murph Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 11:34 AM
Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I need to dig through my basement. There must be something similar that I can sell for a few grand to the right person. How about an oriental S. Korean painting vintage 1975.

I misread the above and pictured something more along the lines of this clip.

There must be something similar I can sell....to the right person. How about Orientals?
Posted By: Woodrow Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 02:08 PM
Oh, I didn't know there was a $7,500 power cord, John. I don't know. Personally, I think anyone spending more than $5,000 on a power cord can't hear the difference and they're just wasting their money. wink
Posted By: BobKay Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 02:20 PM
Just so you know, it's PI to use the word, "Oriental." It has gone the way of "Negroe." The currently (of the moment)preferred term is "Asian." That all OK with you "Monarch Huggers?"
Posted By: Murph Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 02:52 PM
Changing the word would have rendered my post irrelevant.

Speaking of irrelevant, that is also how I consider the monarchy. The concept of entitlement based on bloodline is just bizarre to me and is proof that Mankind's capacity to create technology has developed far faster than our common sense.

I bear them no ill will, but their time is long past. Bob is my leader now. Well, Bob and Barney from "How I Met your Mother" and that guy who tattooed the Zune logo on his arm.
My wife likes to refer to Asian people as......people.
Lampy, that made me LOL! smile
Well, most Quebecers would like to see the end of Canada's relationship with the British monarchy; however, recent polls show that the majority of the rest of Canada still enjoys having the monarchy in our system - and I'm one of them.

BTW - we're heading out to Ontario today for another wedding - I though that that phase of my life was over, ha!

On our way back to Ottawa from SW Ontario, we are going to swing by Dwight to see the good folks at Axiom next week. I have my favourite CD with me...

TAM
Posted By: J. B. Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 04:17 PM
as you will stop by the Axiom factory in Dwight, you should go in their speaker endurance room and listen for some half hour or more to the M80, and then report your impressions to us.
Posted By: Murph Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Lampshade

I like your wife, that's a great attitude.
Posted By: Woodrow Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 05:23 PM
Just for shits and grins I did a search of power cable reviews. Pretty funny/dilusional writing. And I thought cigar and wine reviews were a hoot. One of my favorites: "I burned the cables in for about a week, listening every day. Once I no longer detected a change from day to day, I put them to the real test." Amazing.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 05:29 PM
they should make those with fluorescent colors that change:
1: when new: gold
2: when breaking-in is done: green
3: when in need of service: red
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 05:44 PM
J.B., I think you've got a business plan right there.
Wow, I have to have it. Just think about how much money I will be saving!
Posted By: J. B. Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 06:06 PM
you can do anything you want with my idea, do as if it was yours.
i won't lose much... i hope. ;-)
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 06:35 PM
If I charge $50K/cable, all I need to sell is 2-3 a year to be set. I mean, they probably cost what, $10 to make? Add in $10 for shipping, and I'm totally set.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 06:37 PM
Hell, that could be part of the schtick. Low volume is highly appealing to a lot of people. Limited edition, all that. Craft. Hand numbered.

I will call them the SBEM Series.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 06:41 PM
good luck, you'll need it.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 07:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph
Changing the word would have rendered my post irrelevant.

Speaking of irrelevant, that is also how I consider the monarchy. The concept of entitlement based on bloodline is just bizarre to me and is proof that Mankind's capacity to create technology has developed far faster than our common sense.

I bear them no ill will, but their time is long past. Bob is my leader now. Well, Bob and Barney from "How I Met your Mother" and that guy who tattooed the Zune logo on his arm.

LOL!!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 07:12 PM

ditto Mark's LOL!!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 07:21 PM

Just for context, she refers to me as one of her "Charlie" friends and incessantly calls me "Joe."
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 08:27 PM
What about designing stick on ears for the sides of your speakers, like Spock ears maybe, with a little hair on them, and selling them for $100 a pair. Now, who would want to be without those?
Posted By: J. B. Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/07/12 08:42 PM
why not have nose-like hair coming out of speaker ports, with small transparent silicone balls stuck on them.
they would jiggle around along with bass sounds, as if the speakers were blowing their nose.
this has never been done before, except on mine.
Posted By: Murph Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/08/12 03:31 PM
Originally Posted By: Murph

I like your wife, that's a great attitude.

I have been informed I misunderstood the above reference. I thought she was pointing out that we are "all" just people. My mistake. But hey, now I like her for her humour instead of for her global morality.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/08/12 04:22 PM
I REALLY don't understand the super fancy/expensive power cables... I mean.. There is most likely 20-100ft of solid copper or aluminum wire bought at home depot or a similar supplier between the breaker pannel and the outlet. Yet people pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for a 4ft power cord to go from the wall to the piece of gear.... I can understand if a person wants a nice looking cable, everyone likes nice looking stuff...
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/08/12 04:27 PM
That's because they don't understand power cables either.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/08/12 04:41 PM
I'm trying to hide all my cables. (But the cat keeps finding them.)
Posted By: Murph Re: Hurry - A power cord savings of $3,700!! - 06/08/12 04:46 PM
Soak them in JalapeƱo juice. That'll learn em.
© Axiom Message Boards