Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lampshade Movie Review - The Dark Crystal - 07/03/12 11:34 PM
I never saw this one when I was a kid. It is a pretty good fantasy and cool because it was done with puppets and not CGI. It has some similarities with Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Lord of the Rings and much was stolen from it, Halo, Avatar... Except I liked this movie better than Avatar. The puppets were better actors.

I liked it but it is hard to recommend. There are a few scary scenes so I don't consider it a movie for a little kid. The audio and video are not that great. Want to see part of Jim Henson and Frank Oz movie history or like weird things? Go for it.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Movie Review - The Dark Crystal - 07/04/12 12:05 AM
I remember it being quite frightening when I was a kid. Very cool, though.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Movie Review - The Dark Crystal - 07/04/12 02:25 AM
I liked that movie when I was younger. Yes, it was scary for me, too.

Now I gotta watch it again.

Chris, I added The Secret of Kells to my Netflix queue.
Posted By: GuitarStv Re: Movie Review - The Dark Crystal - 07/04/12 12:21 PM
I remember it being interesting, but there were some very slow parts that didn't keep my interest as a kid. Definately not as awesome as Labyrinth . . . that was a Jim Henson masterpiece of kids entertainment.
Posted By: cb919 Re: Movie Review - The Dark Crystal - 07/04/12 01:45 PM
Yah, I remember really liking this movie when I was a kid. I tried to watch it again not too long ago and shut it off within a half hour. It really did not hold up to the memory I had. I also thought my older daughter would like it but she was also bored and not interested in it. It was a good movie in its day though.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Movie Review - The Dark Crystal - 07/04/12 03:14 PM
I watch it about once every 2 or 3 years.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: Movie Review - The Dark Crystal - 07/06/12 01:09 AM
Not dead yet!
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Movie Review - The Dark Crystal - 07/06/12 02:26 AM
he he

Saddest part of the movie is the land strider/garthim battle.
© Axiom Message Boards