Axiom Home Page
I saw the Swedish version first I liked it. I liked this version (David Fincher's) a little more. I like Daniel Craig, but another luke warm performance by him.

Even though I knew the story and this is a long movie, I was engrossed the entire time.

The opening credits are very cool.

Music by Trent Reznor is excellent.
Interesting. I was waiting for the US version on bluray. Maybe I'll just rent the swedish one.
Fred,
I watched the US blu ray today, from Netflix.

I would recommend both. They are different but both are very good.
Concerning the next 2 movies, I liked the 2nd (The Girl who Played with Fire), but not so much the 3rd one (The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's nest). Both Swedish versions.
I believe I only saw the 3rd instalment(Hornet's). I thought it was silly.
Blech. I watched the US version of this film. Disjointed story that jumps around a lot and a pretty disturbing rape scene that had nothing to do with the main plot shoehorned in. Not my cup of tea. I assume that if you read the books this all made sense somehow, but as a standalone movie it was terrible.
I'd agree with you Adrian that if you never had the background from the other two, the third had very little to offer. The first is probably required reading/watching as it pushes some boundaries that really draws in the viewer to the Lisbeth character. The 2nd was good, but again really requires that initial introduction to carry it. The third is completely dependant on it and it has trouble coming into its own, even then.

I have not seen the American version yet.
I would suggest that the trilogy be read before viewing any of the films. The rape scene in the first book plays an important part in the third book. I thought the US version was quite well done. I haven't viewed the european films yet.
© Axiom Message Boards