Axiom Home Page
So I'd been eyeing wood-heated hot tubs for a while, and finally Snorkel had a combination of tub and shipping sales that was just a bit too good to resist. I'm now the proud owner of the world's most expensive pile of 2x6 lumber -- hopefully I'll clear a spot for it and assemble it before the humidity makes the wood expand too much to seal properly.

The idea is pretty cool... powder-coated aluminum wood stove immersed in the tub behind a wooden fence; light a fire and the water gets warm; repeat at least once a week in winter so the water doesn't freeze.

Given that I live on 50 acres of forest I figure the firewood cost is going to be manageable...

First step is to move the "monkey hut" (garage-y thing made from plastic conduit and a tarp) forward about 10 feet to make room for the tub, then some gravelling and levelling, then about 10 hours of tappity-tap with a rubber mallet putting all the pieces together. What could go wrong ?

Aiming for something like this, but without the trailer and with a 4' deep tub instead of the 3' shown here :

The hanging deer wind chimes are a nice touch.
Originally Posted By: Joe_in_SC
The hanging deer wind chimes are a nice touch.

The turkeys must be hanging on the other side. laugh
>>First step is to move the "monkey hut" (garage-y thing made from plastic conduit and a tarp) forward about 10 feet to make room for the tub, then some gravelling and levelling, then about 10 hours of tappity-tap with a rubber mallet putting all the pieces together. What could go wrong ?

OK, the first thing that went wrong is that it's rained pretty much non-stop since I picked up the kit, at least during the times when I've been home and able to work on it.

I'm about to move the monkey hut back to its original position so that I can assemble the tub under cover out of the rain. Sigh...
© Axiom Message Boards