Axiom Home Page
The official statement below.

http://blog.edesignaudio.com/?p=1792

This really doesn't come as a surprise to me.
Was this a situation of a company growing to big to fast with the wrong management?

I wasn't keeping track of the drama...
To bad really, they had a great reputation around the midwest in car audio for many years. It appeared they were doing well in home theater, at least back when I was following things regularly. The American Dream is really hard to achieve with this current economy.
Sorry to hear this.
Posted By: CV Re: Elemental Designs (ED) going out of business - 08/28/12 07:07 AM
I was interested in their products. It's too bad they couldn't figure out how to run the business.
Originally Posted By: dakkon
Was this a situation of a company growing to big to fast with the wrong management?

I wasn't keeping track of the drama...

From reading the statement, it seems to me like major incompetence from the top management compounded with the lack of understanding of cash flow modeling/forecasting.
I bought a large center channel speaker from ED back just before the VP180 was introduced and it seemed they were already experiencing problems then. TWO missed shipping dates and a slow response to E-Mails asking about the delay in shipping. (Took over six weeks to get it) In a discussion with one of the principals it seemed they had the business but because money was tight and the banks weren't lending to small business especially one out in the middle of nowhere, they couldn't expand, keep inventory in stock and deliver products on time, hence, probably a lot of cancelled orders and people who might have wanted to buy but were afraid to order. As we are all aware, even rumours, especially on the forums, of an "on-line" business in trouble can be extremely damaging to its future. It seems all this eventually caught up with them.

Unfortunately, that center channel I bought had the worst horizontal dispersion of any speaker I have ever purchased, regardless of price, and it wasn't too long before it was relegated to the speaker "archives" in my basement.
Posted By: Wid Re: Elemental Designs (ED) going out of business - 08/28/12 09:03 PM

That's a shame, they made a good sub.
A shame indeed. It seems the golden age of big inexpensive drivers and subs is coming to an end and there are casualties.
© Axiom Message Boards