Axiom Home Page
Posted By: dakkon Radio for the office.. - 09/29/12 03:32 PM
I would like to know what radio you like the best for the office.. I will be using a pair of headphones with said radio (right now i have a pair of Bose Quiet comfort headphones).... i tried to do a quick google search but came up with nearly nothing of relevance... I will keep trying.

Thanks.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Radio for the office.. - 09/30/12 03:55 AM
Alex, it isn't entirely clear what type of "radio" you're looking for. Is it something like this C.Crane item which is said to be somewhat like the old GE Superadio which I use.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Radio for the office.. - 09/30/12 03:19 PM
John, i called spearitsound and they recommended a Tivoli. I wound up getting the product below.

I wanted something i could get the local classical station that would sound decent with my head phones. I found it quite hard to find a quality AM/FM radio. From what i have read on the internet about the company above, they are suppose to be pretty good...

http://www.tivoliaudio.com/products/table-radios/model-one-reg-in-black-silver.html
Posted By: JohnK Re: Radio for the office.. - 10/01/12 01:24 AM
Yes, the Tivolis are very good. If digital tuning is preferred, this one is nice.

Decided to give WRR a listen now. Playing some modernistic composition that I'm not familiar with.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Radio for the office.. - 10/01/12 07:49 PM
Just when i've been looking around for something nicer than a standard, cheap plastic box for an alarm clock...

loving the idea of these Tivolis.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Radio for the office.. - 10/02/12 12:52 AM
Originally Posted By: JohnK
Yes, the Tivolis are very good. If digital tuning is preferred, this one is nice.

Decided to give WRR a listen now. Playing some modernistic composition that I'm not familiar with.

C'mon, JohnK, the analog tuner is WAY sexier!
© Axiom Message Boards