Axiom Home Page
The best part is, this is not a joke. YES!

http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/Disney+to+Acquire+Lucasfilm+Ltd./7828436.html
Your link couldn't keep up. More info here.
Maybe once Star Wars is a Disney film those board members who-shall-remain-nameless will see it? Nah . . . But I see some cool new rides coming to Disneyland!
Roh-rooh . . . could be the start of a new word challenge . . . someone just posted their new Disney Song title on Twitter:

When You Wish Upon a Death Star
I can't see George Lucas retiring or wanting too retire.
Hopefully his quip about the franchise outliving him isn't an indicator of his health.
I just hope that George Lucas has NOTHING to do with the upcoming movie.
Really not exciting news in my opinion. Some things are better left alone, however, the billions would be nice.
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
I just hope that George Lucas has NOTHING to do with the upcoming movie.

Based on the little I read, it seems like he will be consulted, but it sounds like he's ready to hand over the reins to new filmmakers. Of course, nothing specifically says this is how episode VII is going to be done, but I sure hope he's out of the picture and limits his creative control, too. I just hope they find the right people to get the franchise back on track.
Great move. Perhaps the best decision George Lucas has made in 20 years. Disney has an excellent track record and the resources to preserve, improve and provide sustainability to the Star Wars brand. Couldn't be in better hands.
This is great news for me. Lucas reminds me of BOSE. He abandonded quality movie making in favor of becoming a marketing driven giant. Can't argue his millions of $ but his films diminished with every new release.

Star Wars, The Clone Wars is a good example of what can be done with the Star Wars Universe when Geoerge stands way back from the story writing. Yes, it's still a marketing engine for toy sales but the stories have wayyyyy more depth than the last 3 movies and IMHO got better each season instead of worse. The last couple of seasons were actually quiet dark to an almost adult level.

Also giving me hope is that the Marvel movies got a lot better once Disney took over. I say, "May the Disney be with you!"
"Hans.... Please hand me my walker.... I can't seem to get out of my chair... Would you give me a hand... What was it we used to be called?.... Was it Jelly Knights?"
Bring it on! I don't mind more Star Wars, especially from Disney.
© Axiom Message Boards