Axiom Home Page
Posted By: littleb Axioms @B&M - 08/24/03 09:15 PM
I don't want to open up a can of worms here, but I have to ask. Why are Axiom products no longer sold in brick and mortar shops, such as the audioshop?
Posted By: sushi Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 02:16 AM
Apparently because Axiom decided to go with the internet-only marketing.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 02:49 AM
To spite those paranoid of internet shopping?

To reward those willing to take leaps of faith?

To have complete control over the marketing?

To give us something new to discuss on the forum?
Posted By: sushi Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 03:33 AM
Correct answer: all of the above.
Posted By: Mahesh Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 04:48 AM
My 2 cents...Their business model is fantastic.

With so many crazy fans (me included) ready to defend, support and highly recommend Axiom's products 'FREE-OF-CHARGE', it is a no-brainer to cut out the middle man.

And that is besides the fact that they have a great product. At a reasonable price. And in addition to that GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. They have all the necessary ingredients in plentiful measure to sell 'ONLINE ONLY' and not worry about growth.

If and when I decide to expand my business (part ONLINE and part bricks and mortar), I will surely try and copy their strategy.

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 04:56 AM
what do you sell?
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 05:19 AM
well, obviosly, after i got mine i have been reccomending them to everyone and i can reach hundreds of people in the audio forums i go to. So they figured with me loving my axioms and reccomending them they were selling soo much more they would just sell online! Ive yet to get my M22's and Ep350 ( i think they got lost in the mail ) as commision but i still reccomend.

Yep...

lol
Posted By: sushi Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 05:59 AM
It is truly amazing to see the "growth" of the Axiom brand presence in the AVS Speakers forum. When I started to lurk around the AVSforum back in December last year, there was virtually no mention of the Axioms, except for a signle low-traffic, deep-buried thread. Now (thanks to so many Axiomites who are willing to repeatedly blurb about their beloved speakers there, including spiffnme, ZeNergy, fmowry, foof, sushi, cschang [not even an owner!], and many others), the Axioms are always immediately mentioned and recommended whenever somebody asks for speaker suggestions in the relevant price range.

I can easily imagine that the same has been happening in many other audio/HT forums. Of course, as Craig has recently noted, the membership of this board has markedly increased lately, too.

The question is, has this actually led to an increase in Axiom sales...?
Posted By: curtis Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 06:57 AM
In reply to:

cschang [not even an owner!]

Yeah!! And you guys barely mention Ascends!

Truely though...Eventhough the sound is not exactly right for me, I do feel Axioms have a lot to offer. For me, the M22 and M60 are a little harsh...but the sound is very clean and detailed.

Good products and good companies deserve mention!

-curtis
Posted By: Mahesh Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 07:38 AM
Hi Peter,

I run a trading company. We sell Professional Videotapes worldwide. In our business too, word of mouth / recommendations from existing buyers attributes to approx. 20% - 30% additional business each year.
Posted By: Zarak Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 12:21 PM
Just don't call it "metallic" Curtis :P
Posted By: curtis Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/25/03 03:12 PM
In reply to:

Just don't call it "metallic" Curtis :P

Oh..its payback??
Posted By: ZeN Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/26/03 03:13 AM
Curtis, you really do need to cruise down and check out my M80's - I'm sitting here listening to a 3 piece band (piano, stand up bass, and guitar) and am amazed at the sound. Almost to the point that I "looked" for the piano
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/26/03 05:31 AM
It was off to the left, right?
Posted By: ZeN Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/26/03 05:45 AM
actually, it was... the Stand up bass was on the right
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/26/03 05:48 AM
Just like most of the live jazz I've witnessed. Good to know your channels aren't crossed, ain't it?
Posted By: curtis Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/26/03 05:49 AM
OK ZeN....maybe I will show up this weekend to take some CDs.

-curtis
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axioms @B&M - 08/26/03 05:50 AM
you guys crack me up.
Posted By: HGP Re: Axioms @B&M - 09/02/03 06:04 AM
Axiom appears to be following the efficient direct-sales model, which Dell Computer (from my home town Austin, TX) perfected.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axioms @B&M - 09/02/03 04:45 PM
Does that "perfect" sales model include hiring a stoner to be your spokesperson?
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Axioms @B&M - 09/02/03 07:48 PM
Axiom would have to get a Canadian spokesman... how about former Olympic gold medallist, and toker, Ross Rebagliati???
Posted By: twopecker Re: Axioms @B&M - 09/02/03 08:13 PM
Max Power! The name you want to touch!!! But you mustn't touuuuuuuch!

Are you sure the quote is "feel the cheese" and maybe not "feel the G's"?

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axioms @B&M - 09/02/03 08:30 PM
Maybe he was referring to gruyere, or gouda. Gorgonzola, maybe?
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Axioms @B&M - 09/03/03 12:21 AM
I could never figure out G's or cheese, but I always thought it was a heck of a lot funnier as cheese. To each their own I guess.
Posted By: Aeromos Re: Axioms @B&M - 09/07/03 06:41 AM
Just an FYI for all here. I had called Axiom and was pleasantly surprised that I could audition them at a local dealer that loves them so much he carries them. For those in Toronto(Canada), there is a local dealer. I'm going back for a 2nd audition.
© Axiom Message Boards