Axiom Home Page
Posted By: a401classic God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/15/12 06:24 PM
So we're trying to get the tree lit up. It's one of those faux pre-lit trees. I've got 2 strands that don't light up at all, even though there are strands after the dead ones that light up... and I've got a strand that is half lit, with the next strand fully lit. I've changed fuses and checked every light. Now I'm more bald than before.

Clark Griswald, I feel your pain
Posted By: real80sman Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/15/12 06:43 PM
We have had decent results with one of these: Light Keeper Pro. It isn't 100%, but has saved us from re-stringing our pre-lit tree, twice.
Posted By: a401classic Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/15/12 07:08 PM
Hmmm. Thanks! Not exactly a glowing review, but might be worth the $20 to see if I can NOT replace the $200 tree.

Off to the Depot...
Posted By: BobKay Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/15/12 09:54 PM
You say that like I'm not paying attention. Wrong!
Posted By: CV Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/15/12 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: GOD

Hey, look who it is! I was just thinking about you today, since I was ordering popcorn for the holidays, and you helped me out last year. Thank you, GOD!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/15/12 10:19 PM
Oh my GOD, Looky here!

It's about time!
Posted By: Ken.C Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/15/12 10:23 PM
Dear GOD!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/15/12 10:42 PM
Holy sh*t!
Posted By: fredk Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/16/12 05:03 AM
Bout friggin' time you started paying attention. This place was getting far to respectable.

And about those 40 virgins...
Posted By: Adrian Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/16/12 05:13 AM
It's really 40 Virginians. Their leader's name is JP.
Posted By: jakewash Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/16/12 07:24 AM
I noticed I had a light set that was dead after a certain spot in the string, I pulled the first dead bulb out and it swapped it with another light, string was still dead. I then pulled the bulbs one more time and noticed that each light had the wire electrodes on the base twisted and one was broken short. I straightened the wire and ensured the short one was able to make contact in the base and suddenly I had a fully working light string.

Good luck with yours.
Posted By: a401classic Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/16/12 01:31 PM
Originally Posted By: GOD

Ha!!! Prayer does work. Seeeeee.

Welcome back! Hope you stick around. There have been too many missed GOD opportunities...
Posted By: a401classic Re: God, I hate Christmas lights! - 12/16/12 01:37 PM
Originally Posted By: a401classic
Hmmm. Thanks! Not exactly a glowing review, but might be worth the $20 to see if I can NOT replace the $200 tree.

Off to the Depot...

Both HD and Lowe's show it on line, but neither store (2 HD's, in fact) had it in stock locally...

And now our little $200 pre-lit tree is up to $315!! Sure glad the inflation rate is so low these days.
© Axiom Message Boards