Axiom Home Page
Apparently the puerile arguments that occur in audio are not contained to this hobby (or a few select others) but rather are prominent i suspect in virtually every forum that exists on the planet.

I mean really, how can people get snooty and snotty about a damn breadmaker?

http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/28000/which-bread-machine-should-i-purchase-help

Quote from a person over half way down the thread:

These replies seem to be devolving into a religious battle of sorts. Either you are a purist and do everything by hand or you cop out and bake bread the wrong way.
Breadmakers, in my experience, always make bread that tastes the same, no matter what recipe is used.

There, that ought to be flamebait-y enough.
I think there needs to be a deeper discussion on the single thumb dough folding vs. cryogenic formed breakmaker box methods.
Ken, you need to elevate the power cord and have your bread maker plugged into a power conditioner for best performance.
Without a power conditioner the bread comes out bloated and fat sounding.
Word! I mean, I don't know what an A-B test is, but all I know is you can really taste the difference, man.
No better bread than that made with back to the basic old fashioned way. By hand. Yummmmy.

I used to make bread all the time. Haven't done that in years. Later tried a bread maker. Just wasn't the same.

Dang! Now you got me jones-ing for a home made loaf of bread.
Because of the layout in our kitchen, we have to toe the breadmaker in a few degrees. Otherwise the top end is flat and lifeless.
It's obvious that a bread maker using this power cord would taste better.
Originally Posted By: INANE
It's obvious that a bread maker using this power cord would taste better.

$1295 on sale?!?!? What a deal! It's too bad my builder used the $1.99 electrical outlets throughout the house, or else I might have considered it. Darn.
Shawn, you could easily upgrade those outlets to these and I bet a breadmaker plugged into one of them would have less noise while in use.
Homemade bread definitely needs a starter if you want any sort of flavour. If you can't bother with that the "No Knead" recipe is pretty amazing. Makes a flavourful, crispy thin crust dough for pizza as well.

I would be in the camp to not bother with a bread machine. Convection oven for me.

http://www.steamykitchen.com/168-no-knead-bread-revisited.html
I've gotten very good results with the recipes from the King Arthur Flour cookbook. Haven't tried anything with a starter, and I get pretty good flavor. Just not sourdough, obviously.
Posted By: Eno Re: Arguing about audio? how about breadmaking? - 03/31/13 05:45 PM
I put spikes on the bottom of my breadmaker because I thought I would get better bread, but it it put scratches all over my counter.

I went back to the rubber feet.
You should only use breadmaker spikes on carpeted counters. However, stabilizer bars work wonders.
Outriggers are a must for breadmakers, keeps the kids and/or pets from knocking them over.
The secret to good bread machine bread is Monteray Jack, chopped jalapenos and a good, home made, dried chile sauce (by using a sauce instead of chile powder, it adds to the moistness.)

So good, you won't care that it was made by a world ending robot.
As an added note, we've owned a Zojirushi BBCC X20 for about 9 years now.
I can't fathom how many loaves have gone through this thing. Everything from regular whites to cinammon raison, cheese and onion, three grain, rye, pizza dough.
We've tried a bunch of recipes.
It takes some of the guess work and watch work out of the process which is alot easier for anyone who doesn't have the time to do it by hand.
And from whatever method it is made, everyone just loves the fact it is fresh bread, period.
Too true. The loaves we make in our maker are completely devoured within the hour. Not much can beat warm, fresh bread with butter.
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
devoured within the hour

Ouch.
As a health nut friend of mine would say "so many empty calories".
But this is from the same dude who devours our fresh bread whenever he comes over. They never buy bread for their own household of four.

Something about having a bread addiction.
Fresh baked bread/buns in my house doesn't even make it past the cool down, gone is sixty seconds would be a pretty close approximation.
Anyone do pretzels? Those go fast around here.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
Pretzels get me all twisted up inside.
Originally Posted By: jakewash
Shawn, you could easily upgrade those outlets to these and I bet a breadmaker plugged into one of them would have less noise while in use.

why the hell do people buy this crap..!!!! it's freaking copper!!!!!! as far as i know it, on Earth, we only have one elements table. Sooo copper has the same atomic structure, regardless of price!!!! Also, the exact same electrical conductivity, and reaistance..!!!!!

Jake, you got me freaking going man..!!!!!! I blame you for this pointless rant...
Alex, you have to keep in mind the enormous prestige that having "audio grade" outlets would bring to you when a visitor who happened to be an "audiophile" noticed that you cared enough about "quality" electricity to install them throughout your house.

For your further amusement, take a look at this nonsensical discussion of the "neutrality, speed, accurateness[sic], immediacy and natural timbre" to be had with this outlet .
Well, just for pedantry's sake, atomic structures can vary significantly.
Well, not all copper was created equally, right? Some of it is stretched so you get one long copper crystal running the entire length of the cable. For superior sound. crazy
Originally Posted By: pmbuko
For superior sound. crazy

If someone can make our breadmaker sound better, i'm all for a new electrical outlet.
© Axiom Message Boards