Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sidvicious02 Help on an MP3 player - 08/31/03 03:36 AM
So I was looking to track down a portable MP3 player with both an FM & AM tuner (ya have to have it for play-by-play at the ball game). Is it even possible to find one? (I feel like such an old man basing an audio purchase around AM radio).
Posted By: JohnK Re: Help on an MP3 player - 08/31/03 08:08 AM
Here , old man.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Help on an MP3 player - 08/31/03 03:27 PM
John, you're a saviour. You haven't seen anything like that minus the cd player though have you???
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Help on an MP3 player - 08/31/03 05:10 PM
You should check out products by IRIVER (www.iriver.com) They make MP3cd players ( i have the IMP400) and they make HDD MP3 players and flash mp3 players. i think a few of them have radios. But only FM. MP3 cd players can be usefull because you can play mp3 cds and regular cds. But if you dont have a cd burner your screwed.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Help on an MP3 player - 08/31/03 07:12 PM
I was actually looking at iRiver stuff last night, but was too lazy to find my way to their website. You don't have a link do you?

What I am really looking for is just the MP3 file player. I don't really even need/want the cd player because I'm looking for something a little more compact. But I'd really like to find one with an AM tuner, it just seems like all they ever have is FM, if anything.
Posted By: sushi Re: Help on an MP3 player - 08/31/03 09:12 PM
Try the cnet list, too. Over 250 models listed.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Help on an MP3 player - 08/31/03 10:23 PM
thanks Sushi
I'll have a look through that list
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Help on an MP3 player - 09/01/03 12:04 AM
well, looks like such a thing does exist. Out of 278 models on CNet, I found one (without a cd player) that has an AM tuner. Made by PoGo at http://www.pogoproducts.com/

Unfortunately (at least according to the CNet reviews) the audio playback quality leaves a little something to be desired. Maybe a high quality one does not exist. If anybody else has any ideas where I might look, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

© Axiom Message Boards