Axiom Home Page
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 07/15/13 05:37 PM
Whatever you may think of the recent marketing of the company, he was still a pioneer in the field. Link
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 07/15/13 09:16 PM
Shame, his original 901's were a very good product
Posted By: Wid Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 07/15/13 09:56 PM
Originally Posted By: BBIBH
Shame, his original 901's were a very good product

Agreed

RIP Dr. Bose
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 07/15/13 10:09 PM
Bose has had professional products that I've liked, it's just been the overpriced Wave radios and Lifestyle systems that has hurt the company's reputation. Until the last few decades, they were always respected.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 07/16/13 12:08 AM
they were audiophile products back in the day, 901's good stuff, RIP Mr Bose.
Posted By: PatCase Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 07/19/13 11:38 AM
Eight years ago, I bought a used wave radio on eBay - it's a great clock radio, nothing ever goes wrong with it. Also bought a Quicklink speaker when it came out. I use the Quicklink in our bedroom to listen to music, the BBC and audiobooks, it's also a great gadget to travel with as it pairs nicely with the iPad. With great respect to Mr. Bose, I would not place his other equipment in my living room or my media room.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 07/30/13 10:16 PM
Do you think he will be buried in a plastic pipe coffin that has multiple twists & turns?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 07/30/13 10:29 PM
My assumption was that he would be buried in a series of 4 1/2" coffins....most of which face away from the headstone.
Posted By: J. B. Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 07/30/13 11:52 PM
i read that someone had the 901s and he found the sound much better by turning them 180 degrees.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 07/31/13 10:19 PM
Yeah, but that guy was also using some of those fabulous Mapleshade Products Bedrock stands.

What speakers WOULDN'T sound great using THOSE puppies!!!!

Also, I can't prove it, but rumor has it that he may also have had the Double Helix MK1 Power Conditioning Strip in the setup as well. How can you beat THAT combo?
Posted By: whippersnapper Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 08/01/13 12:48 AM
I hadn't heard about Dr. Bose. I doff my hat to him. 901s were really amazing, but it always drove me bats**t to see the way some people set them up. I can remember seeing a set backed into the corners of a room. Also saw some set up with nothing behind them but empty space. So many people just didn't get the concept of direct/reflecting speakers...
Posted By: Rock_Head Re: Dr. Amar Bose passes.... - 08/03/13 03:38 AM
Well, hopefully he is at peace and hearing the full spectrum of sound (not what he created) grin
© Axiom Message Boards