Axiom Home Page
Just got the email announcing the shipping of my two new sets of Axiom speakers (M2 on-wall and M22 on-wall). Yes, my house has a lot of rooms! And I can't stand TV speakers!

So who can beat that?

1) 2xM80s, 1xVP180, 4xQS8 and 1xEP-800 in my Home Theater
2) 2xM2s and 1xEP-500 in the Salon
3) 2xM22s (on-wall) in the Family Room (soon arriving)
4) 2xM22s (to be moved from Family Room) in Reading Room
5) 2xM2s (on-wall) in Main Bathroom (likely to be moved later when I can take showers again)
6) 2xVP150s as mains in my Gaming Room
7) Audiobytes with EP-0 in my Office
8) Almost forgot: ADA-1500 8 channels in Home Theater
9) Winter jacket, polo shirt and baseball cap

Not bad, hey?
Anyone can beat that? laugh

Next: Eventually need some audio in bed room, but most likely will be the on-wall speakers from the bathroom. Most importantly, I need a subwoofer for the Family Room.

Oh! And everything has AirTunes access, which I can also use with SqueezeBox remote using AirFoil.
Whats you opinion on the M80 Vs M22 + sub debate?
I don't have a M80 alone setup. Since I listen to a lot of movies and pipe organ on SACD, even the M80 need a sub for the deeper notes (mine are combined to the HUGE EP-800).

But for less bass-heavy listening, the M22s alone are actually not bad at all.

To make a long story short (too late!), I am on the side of M80+sub vs M22+sub. (M2s + sub is a surprisingly good option too).
I can't beat you but I'm competitive, ha!

Retired gear - 2 X Ax2s (but still pristine after 20+ years)

All V3s, 11 total:

HT - 2 X M22s; 1 X VP100; 2 X QS4s (Denon AVR) - excellent!

Audio System #1 - 2 X M2s; 2 X EP400s (tube amp) - outstanding!!

Audio System #2 - 2 X M3s (Sony Receiver) - nice!

TAM
OK. I'll add my count to your bragging thread. This is not to make ME feel better, but to help YOU feel better about your collection. wink

1 VP180, 2 M60, 4 QS8, 1 VP150

So 8, yeah, that's it. Certainly not even in "the club" with just 8, but if you feel good about it, then I've fulfilled my purpose in sharing a ray of sunshine and sending it your way. grin

EDIT: If I add what I picked out for someone else to buy, then you can add:
2 M2 inwalls, 1 VP100 inwall, 4 QS4

That bumps me up to 15!
I might be a contender in the person buying the most M22's.

Total of 9 M22's, but currently only using 5 of them. 2 sold, 2 in storage.

+VP150, VP100, VP160, M2, EP350, 2 M3's for a gift, 3 QS8's.

Total of 19 Axiom Speakers.
Very impressive list, Eric! I'll bet your entire home sounds wonderful!

I can't compete. Only the 7 Axioms for me. I have several other two-channel systems, but I have accumulated many speakers over the years, I like variety, and I'm ... thrifty. Yeah, that's it.

Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
And everything has AirTunes access, which I can also use with SqueezeBox remote using AirFoil.

I would like to hear more about this! How does it work?
How do you like your ADA-1500? Been thinking of getting one for my front stage (M-100s and VP-180 center).
Let's see..
2x M80s
2x M50s
1x VP100
2x QS8s
1x EP500
2x M22s
2x on wall M22s
Audiobytes

Nope, nowhere close! And I don't even have any of the M22s at my house!
Posted By: CV Re: Who's the leader in number of Axiom speakers? - 12/04/13 08:05 AM
Main system:
LFR1100 pair
1x VP180
4x QS8
2x FMS QS stands
4x EP800
1x ADA1500-4
1x ADA1000-4

Other:
1x Audiobytes w/ EPZero sub
2x M3 (at work)
4x full metal ceiling bracket (unused)
2x full metal bracket (unused)

Ones I remember giving away:
1x EP600
2x M80
1x VP150
2x QS8
1x M22
I really like my ADA. It is combined with a Anthem Statement D2v a pre/pro. The extra power in my new house is currently mostly unused as the ambient noise in my HT room is so low that I can play the system half as loud and feel the dynamics just as much. (ex: the end of Mahler's 6th was measuring 106db in my old appartment, now it is 96db). Less vibration, but I'd rather trade some "loudness feelings" for the extended hours of listening without destroying my hearing.
Tom, the airplay setup is like this:

I have 2 older AirPort Express (the small ones), one in my Living Room and the other one in the Salon.

I also have an Apple TV to watch Netflix in the bathroom; now with the M2s, I will likely also use it for music and extend my baths quite a bit! smile

I also use my main computer as "AirPlay" server using AirFoil Speakers. From there, I can either use the built-in audio drivers which output to the Audiobytes or to an M-Audio USB driver which is wired to the Home Theater.

COMING THIS WEEK: I need to get two small receivers with dual speakers sets and I am planning to get either Denon or Pioneer ones as they have built-in AirPlay.

The part above is traditional AirPlay/AirTunes. Now, the bridge beetween SqueezeBox and AirPlay is currently achieved using AirFoil. It is an AirPlay client than can capture an application's audio (or the entire system if you need to) and send it to AirPlay servers (speakers). I am using SoftSqueeze player to playback my SB database. That way, I can use my Squeebox Duet remote when I am listening to some music in the Salon in front of a fire and with a great Belgium beer in my hands!

I am currently (and very slowly) writing my own AirPlay client (audio only) that will also act as Squeeze player. That way, each AirPlay device in the house will appear as a player or, depending on programmable mode, a single player with optional output (easier to manage single playlist).

I hope this answered your question, Tom!
I love how skewed this thread has gotten. People including speakers that they no longer own, other equipment (amps, stands, brackets, etc) or even like me, speakers that I never owned, but helped to purchase for a friend.

If we are including that stuff, then I should tell people that I own basically 10 houses. 1 now, 4 previous, plus 2 decks I built, 2 monster sized playsets, and a tree that I planted in one of the yards... LOL Yeah, I'm being a smart-arse. grin
Originally Posted By: CV
4x EP800

There, I found a use for you. smile
Originally Posted By: ClubNeon
4x EP800

There, I found a use for you. smile

That would be awesome... If they held that much. laugh
Posted By: CV Re: Who's the leader in number of Axiom speakers? - 12/04/13 07:32 PM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
I love how skewed this thread has gotten.

If you read the original post, it started out that way.
I love how skewed this thread has gotten.

If you read the original post, it started out that way.

Crap. You are right. #8 and #9 in his list.

Personally, I just think that this thread is fun (funny) as people poster themselves (or try to) as King of the Hill. I like humor, so that is in no way meant to be an insult to anyway. Heck, I jumped in.
Main system:
LFR1100 pair
1x VP180
4x QS8
2x FMS QS stands
4x EP800
1x ADA1500-4
1x ADA1000-4

Other:
1x Audiobytes w/ EPZero sub
2x M3 (at work)
2x full metal bracket (unused)

Ones I remember giving away:
1x EP600
2x M80
1x VP150
2x QS8
1x M22

I'd love to hear 1 EP800. 4 would be unreal.
Are these all in the same room?
Very good, Eric; and I'll also suggest Brian for an Honorable Mention for his win in the Most Axioms on One Wall category.

Yes, with a listening room having a low background noise level, even the highest peaks on dynamic material such as the Mahler 6th can be fully(and safely)appreciated at a maximum dB level in the high 90s. No need to "crank it", and I never do.
Posted By: CV Re: Who's the leader in number of Axiom speakers? - 12/05/13 06:12 AM
Crap. You are right. #8 and #9 in his list.

Personally, I just think that this thread is fun (funny) as people poster themselves (or try to) as King of the Hill. I like humor, so that is in no way meant to be an insult to anyway. Heck, I jumped in.

Oh, no worries. I wasn't offended. I know how ridiculous the amount of money I've spent is. But it's fun, and I like continuing to cycle through my stuff.

I forgot about the pair of QS8s I sold to Ken.
Posted By: CV Re: Who's the leader in number of Axiom speakers? - 12/05/13 06:15 AM
Originally Posted By: brwsaw

Yeah, they are. They're certainly sufficient. I can only do so much in the current room for placement, but I look forward to more experimenting once I move my system to the basement. I swear it's going to happen.
Originally Posted By: brwsaw

Yeah, they are. They're certainly sufficient. I can only do so much in the current room for placement, but I look forward to more experimenting once I move my system to the basement. I swear it's going to happen.

We're all happy for you...
Have you participated in the AVS thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1488059/your-home-theater-ulf-score ?
That is cool. It is saying that with my 2 subs I hit "reference" level of 4.0 at 20hz, and a score of 3.0 at 16hz. I would need to go from 2 to 4 subs to get reference level at 16hz, but would be "above reference" at 20hz.

To me it is more than that though, it is about smooth and even bass in the room. smile Not just louder and deeper.
Current Axiom speakers Custom Black
2 x M80
1 x VP180
2 x EP350
1 x EP600
4 x Qs8
2 x M22
2 x M22onwall

Previous Axiom speakers (sold or upgraded) Mansfield Beech
2 x M60
1 x VP150
1 x EP500
4 x Qs8
2 - M80ti (Boston Cherry)
2 - M60v3 (Cherry, wood)
2 - M22v2 (Boston Cherry)
2 - M3v2 (Boston Cherry)
2 - QS8v2 (Boston Cherry)
4 - QS8v3 (Walnut, wood)
1 - VP150v2 (Cherry, wood)
1 - VP160 (Cherry, wood)
1 - EP600 (Cherry, wood)
2 - EP500 (Cherry, wood)
5 - M0 (Walnut, wood)- gave to a friend
1 - EP400 (Walnut, wood) - gave to a friend
2 - M22 on-wall (Black)- gave to a friend
2 - VP150 on-wall (Black) - gave to a friend
Can I have an Honorable Mention for Most Axioms Received as Gifts?
Done.
I'm not sure...
I forgot I do have a VP100 as well.
Just ordered 2 In-Wall M3s to complete the setup in the bedroom!
I know, I will have to post pictures of all the stuff soon! smile

BTW, the new receivers are 2 Pioneer VSX-1023-K. They had the minimum specs I needed (AirPlay, management through telnet commands and 2 powered zones) in a holiday special (400$ each at a store nearby -- it was 499 at Best Buy at the time).

Anyhow, finishing some phone apps and modifying my remote software to take in all the new possibilities. So far so good!

Can't wait to receive my new order!
Woot! Woot! Got the email! It's coming on Monday!!
© Axiom Message Boards