Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi Missing my cat - 12/24/13 12:55 AM
Well I had to do something really hard today. I dropped our cat of 5 years of at the shelter today. She has always been an agressive cat and hisses all the time. She has scratched and bit both me and my wife drawing blood. A lot of times she is nice but sometimes she would bite or scratch you for walking by her wrong. We can't take the risk of her hurting our new baby, especially since he will be at eye level when he starts yanking tails and trying to pick her up. The hardest part is that she definitely had her moments where she would be loving.

I hope she gets adopted out at shelter but I'm sure she won't for the same reasons mentioned above and for the same reason our family/friends wouldn't take her.

We are down to one cat now that wouldn't hurt a fly and is already much happier not getting chased around the house by the mean cat...

Sigh.... What a tough decision. I miss her but am relieved that she is gone at the same time frown
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Missing my cat - 12/24/13 01:15 AM
FWIW I think you did the right thing, you deserve a peacefull environment. As time goes along the feeling will fade.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Missing my cat - 12/24/13 01:24 AM
Yeah. Believe me we wouldn't have actually dropped her off if we weren't concerned about her aggressive behavior. We planned to get rid of her before our son was born but never could do it. Somehow it was a little easier with him here.
© Axiom Message Boards