Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Argon 506 "F" Bombs - 01/06/14 06:01 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, my wife would have pulled me out of the theater at the 25 Bomb mark.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/06/14 08:37 PM
You saw "The Wolf of Wall Street," or at least part of it I see...

Total turn off for me. I mean it isn't that we aren't adults and hear that stuff, but come on....
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/06/14 08:45 PM
I don't mind the odd strategically used F Bomb but if they are saying it just for the sake of saying it , then I take offence to it.

Knew a guy that was like that. He would put it in the middle of word. Harley Davidson -- Harley fffin Davidson Okanagan = Oka fffin nagan.
Posted By: Argon Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/06/14 09:08 PM
Years ago, I was in the early CAD-CAM wave and was pressed into service programming the NC Mills. This Kid/Operator asked me to program the machine to say "HFDMC" so he could make a license plate. Stood for exactly what you posted....."Harley FFFing Davidson Motor Cycles". We still joke about it.
Posted By: D_Rick Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/06/14 11:27 PM
SO, I'm guessing "The Big Lebowski" was not high on your list of favorite movies?
Posted By: casey01 Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/07/14 01:33 AM
I would suspect another all time "F-bomb" movie on the list goes back to 1990 starring the comedian "du jour" of the time, Andrew "Dice" Clay in the "academy award winner" - "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane", it should be right there at the top in numbers.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/07/14 01:58 AM
I will reserve judgment until I see the movie. Loved Andrew Dice Clay in that movie. It really is an all purpose word its like a pair of vise grips. Best not used in certain company.
Posted By: Argon Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/07/14 02:16 AM
Just to be clear, I said my wife would have pulled the plug. I haven't seen the movie. I did see the Hobbit on Sunday. The only "F" bombs were dropped by the Orcs.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/07/14 03:31 AM
Fukushima is the new F word.
If you haven't read the news lately you should.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/07/14 03:36 AM
Originally Posted By: brwsaw
Fukushima is the new F word.
If you haven't read the news lately you should.

I am in denial , it never happened
Posted By: brwsaw Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/07/14 04:47 AM
"It" hasn't.
"It" just begun.

At least the HP M80 units are about to ship.
Posted By: BBIBH Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/07/14 10:21 PM
There was a "documentary/mocumentary" about the word...saw it many years ago, not sure the exact title.

Found it - F**K (the actual word) is the title, from 2005. Description from IMDB - "A documentary on the expletive's origin, why it offends some people so deeply, and what can be gained from its use."
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/08/14 04:55 AM
Originally Posted By: BBIBH
There was a "documentary/mocumentary" about the word...saw it many years ago, not sure the exact title.

Found it - F**K (the actual word) is the title, from 2005. Description from IMDB - "A documentary on the expletive's origin, why it offends some people so deeply, and what can be gained from its use."

Just watched it, it was f****g awesome. This site doesn't sensor the word either. HMMMM
Posted By: BBIBH Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/08/14 10:15 PM
Yes, I thought it was very funny as well.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/10/14 05:51 PM
I find the word has way more impact when used sparingly. You get your point across more effectively when you throw it out there and people aren't expecting you to say it. Overuse makes you come across as rude and vulgar. Anyhow, that's my rant about the "F" word...though it's irrelevant to the use in movies.
Posted By: Argon Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/10/14 05:54 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. If my wife ever drops the bomb - I can assure you it is "Katie Bar the Door" we are in for a storm.
Posted By: CV Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/10/14 07:43 PM
Which F word are we talking about, just so I'm clear?

I'm disappointed that The Wolf of Wall Street is already, as of today, out of the theater I like to go to (which I already have discount tickets purchased for). It was my pick for birthday movie that my friend was going to take me to, but she got sick.
Posted By: Argon Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/11/14 01:40 PM
On the opposite of the pendulum, you could go see "Mr. Banks".......
Posted By: CV Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/11/14 06:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Argon

That was actually my second choice. I had such a crush on Emma Thompson growing up.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/12/14 01:13 AM
And do you still like her now that she's grown up? smile
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/12/14 01:44 AM
Originally Posted By: CV

That was actually my second choice. I had such a crush on Emma Thompson growing up.

Last year?
Posted By: Argon Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/12/14 03:27 AM
I just watched "Beautiful Creatures" - My wife has a list of videos she wants to see and my job is to work the list down. So...I rent one for her and one for me. However, Beautiful Creatures had its moments - including scenes with Emma dressed as a civil war era southern belle. I must admit it was a bit.....alluring.
Posted By: CV Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/12/14 05:29 AM
Emma with a Southern accent is the only reason I would watch that movie, I think, going by the trailer. I'm glad to hear it had other moments as well.
Posted By: michael_d Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/12/14 05:03 PM
George Carlin had the best take on the F word. Parental advisory, PG-13: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnDUqof1KoM
Posted By: pmbuko Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/13/14 02:26 PM
Actually I think it's 522 f*@#s.

http://devour.com/video/the-wolf-of-wall-street-swearing-supercut/
Posted By: Argon Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/13/14 05:11 PM
Originally Posted By: CV

I went to see "Saving Mr. Banks" yesterday. I had read nothing about it prior - had only seen a few previews. It was much more serious, almost dark than I had anticipated. Talk about carrying around baggage - she had plenty to go around.
Posted By: a401classic Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/13/14 05:18 PM
Mrs. Classic and I enjoyed Saving Mr Banks as well. Solid performances by Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson, though not sure they were academy award level. Was glad to see that they actually used real Australian children for the flashback scenes - somehow they manage to get the letter "r" in the word "no"
Posted By: Argon Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/13/14 08:51 PM
Originally Posted By: a401classic
Mrs. Classic and I enjoyed Saving Mr Banks as well. Solid performances by Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson, though not sure they were academy award level. Was glad to see that they actually used real Australian children for the flashback scenes - somehow they manage to get the letter "r" in the word "no"

I thought the young girl was exceptional in her acting ability.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/13/14 10:21 PM
Back to the "F" Bombs from the subject. I saw Lone Survivor today and there were a LOT of "F" Bombs in the movie... More than 150 of them from what I've read. However, you show me a soldier getting shot, friend getting shot, other massive pain and suffering, etc and them not dropping the "F" bomb. That, vs. "The Wolf" and their 506, I can't imagine what that was like.
Posted By: Argon Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/14/14 03:39 AM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Back to the "F" Bombs from the subject. I saw Lone Survivor today and there were a LOT of "F" Bombs in the movie... More than 150 of them from what I've read. However, you show me a soldier getting shot, friend getting shot, other massive pain and suffering, etc and them not dropping the "F" bomb. That, vs. "The Wolf" and their 506, I can't imagine what that was like.

Wonder who has the time to sit and count F bombs anyway?
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/14/14 04:07 AM
theres an app for that crazy
Posted By: Argon Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/14/14 12:28 PM
I shoulda known.
Posted By: BobKay Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/14/14 12:45 PM
I agree, Mary, but limiting its use isn't the key. The key is to pair it with multi-syllabic "vocabulary" words.

i.e. What an sycophantic f--- he is!

F--- goes nicely with "parabola," don't you think.

Most of the time, I hear it with "Bob" and "a-hole."
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/14/14 05:53 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay

Most of the time, I hear it with "Bob" and "a-hole."

We apologize.

We didn't know that your hearing was so good.
Posted By: sonicfox Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/14/14 05:56 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to make an f-ing short version of The Wolf of Wallstreet. Not long at all!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/15/14 02:31 AM
Originally Posted By: sonicfox
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to make an f-ing short version of The Wolf of Wallstreet. Not long at all!

Already taken down due to copyright claims from Paramount. Looks like Paramount has a solid claim on the f-word. LOL

EDIT: Found another posting of it. Won't be up long.
Wolf Bomb

Lame. Watch this thing win some award. I blame society for accepting crap movies for so long that we can't seem to generate any new ideas or even creative language. I used to work with some guys that would "make a sailor blush" and they were nowhere near what they try to portray in this movie.
Posted By: Argon Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/15/14 03:32 AM
DANG! I lost count at 269....
Posted By: sonicfox Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/15/14 06:13 PM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Lame. Watch this thing win some award. I blame society for accepting crap movies for so long that we can't seem to generate any new ideas or even creative language. I used to work with some guys that would "make a sailor blush" and they were nowhere near what they try to portray in this movie.

In defense of the movie, it might be an accurate portrayal of Jordan Belfort's use of the F word. Apparently, his books are filled with it.
Posted By: CV Re: 506 "F" Bombs - 01/15/14 07:37 PM
I enjoyed the movie. Some well-crafted scenes in there. While it's not one I would watch all of the time, I think I'll give it another couple of viewings at some point.
© Axiom Message Boards