Axiom Home Page
Posted By: JBG 5% Price increase Jan 28 2014 - 01/25/14 02:02 AM
From Axiom's facebook: The Canadian prices are going up by 5%. The Canadian dollar is now 10% lower than the US dollar and looks to be going even lower. Since the vast majority of our raw materials are priced in US dollars it is the Canadian costs that rise.
Posted By: JBG Re: 5% Price increase Jan 28 2014 - 01/25/14 02:18 AM
I guess this doesn't apply to refurb stuff, only the new & factory direct stuff on Canadian purchases
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: 5% Price increase Jan 28 2014 - 01/25/14 03:16 AM
Is that for speakers or the amps as well
Posted By: JBG Re: 5% Price increase Jan 28 2014 - 01/25/14 05:42 PM
my guess is everything across the board for Canadians except for the refurb stuff
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: 5% Price increase Jan 28 2014 - 01/25/14 06:27 PM
We in the western economies have been ragging on China for unfairly manipulating their currency to remain low to keep them more competitive. Now we're doing it - very hypocritical IMO.

In the long run, it is doubtful if a country can grow a robust economy by devaluing its currency instead of competing with efficiency & enhanced productivity...

TAM
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: 5% Price increase Jan 28 2014 - 01/25/14 06:35 PM
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
We in the western economies have been ragging on China for unfairly manipulating their currency to remain low to keep them more competitive. Now we're doing it - very hypocritical IMO.

In the long run, it is doubtful if a country can grow a robust economy by devaluing its currency instead of competing with efficiency & enhanced productivity...

TAM

I whole heartedly agree with you, and once again it is the general public that suffers at the hands of the politicians trying to make it look like the economy is thriving. All we really have are our resources and this is just a way to wholesale them out to the USA. Someone needs to knee cap harper.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: 5% Price increase Jan 28 2014 - 01/25/14 07:49 PM
Yup, he should know better as he is an economist by profession; however, since I'm convinced that they are all the same once they get elected despite what they spout off during the campaigns.

There are no viable alternative leaders that I can see out there in either of our countries that will do the right thing...

TAM
© Axiom Message Boards