Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ray3 R.I.P. Phillip Seymour Hoffman - 02/03/14 01:40 AM
How disappointing is this. ODs himself and his wonderful talent right out of a dream fantasy life. So mad and so sorry at the same time.

He is from the little village in upstate NY where we live. My next door neighbor grew up with him and they were friends.

DAMMITT!!!!!!
Posted By: CV Re: R.I.P. Phillip Seymour Hoffman - 02/03/14 01:43 AM
Crap. He definitely owned many of the roles he's taken.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: R.I.P. Phillip Seymour Hoffman - 02/03/14 03:26 AM
I agree.

The guy was talented for sure, but it is still hard to feel *too* sad about someone falling into the fame/fortune (which brought on the drugs and so forth) that took his life. He wanted that life (acting) and it was that lifestyle that took his life from him. A shame maybe, but sad would be if someone else killed him or there was an accident, etc.

His skills will be missed though. Heck, my 14 year old even knew who he was thanks to Mission Impossible 3 and most recently The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: R.I.P. Phillip Seymour Hoffman - 02/03/14 03:53 AM
Busy man, all I can say is its a shame that the substance abuse has to be a part of being famous. So many great things you can do with that kind of money. Great actor , he will be missed.
Posted By: Argon Re: R.I.P. Phillip Seymour Hoffman - 02/03/14 01:01 PM
I wonder if he is the latest victim in the Bad Heroin epidemic that is plaguing Pittsburgh?
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: R.I.P. Phillip Seymour Hoffman - 02/03/14 07:01 PM
His role in playing a degenerate gambler and portraying gambling addiction in Owning Mahowny was remarkable. My favorite work of his.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: R.I.P. Phillip Seymour Hoffman - 02/04/14 05:26 PM
I never see any mention of the movie Magnolia where I know him best. Seems all of the articles I've read about him leave this movie out.
Posted By: INANE Re: R.I.P. Phillip Seymour Hoffman - 02/05/14 08:56 PM
He was amazing in Charlie Wilson's War
© Axiom Message Boards