Axiom Home Page
Posted By: nickbuol Axiom Black Dust Covers? - 02/21/14 03:41 PM
Does anyone know:
1) Can we get black dust covers for our newer model Axioms so that they match the look previous versions?
2) If #1 is possible, has anyone added them and how hard was it?

I know that this is just trivial stuff, but I am just wondering.

My VP180 and probably by latest pair of QS8s don't have the black dust covers like my M60s or first pair of QS8s. I do leave my grills on, and my front speakers are behind my screen wall, but I am just wondering if anyone has done this.
Posted By: onn Re: Axiom Black Dust Covers? - 02/22/14 05:14 AM
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Does anyone know:
1) Can we get black dust covers for our newer model Axioms so that they match the look previous versions?
2) If #1 is possible, has anyone added them and how hard was it?

I know that this is just trivial stuff, but I am just wondering.

My VP180 and probably by latest pair of QS8s don't have the black dust covers like my M60s or first pair of QS8s. I do leave my grills on, and my front speakers are behind my screen wall, but I am just wondering if anyone has done this.

When I ordered my LFR's I asked if I could get the black dust covers to match my other speakers and it didn't seem to be a problem.
Sorry I think I misunderstood your question. Are you asking if you could just get the black dust cap woofers and swap them out with your current white ones. If that's the case ignore this post.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Axiom Black Dust Covers? - 02/22/14 05:20 AM
If you are referring to the center dust caps over the voice coils, this requires the complete driver to changed out. I bought my M80's as V2's so they would match my other speakers,they came with white caps. Axiom was good enough to ship me V2 drivers to replace them.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Axiom Black Dust Covers? - 02/22/14 05:16 PM
Yeah, I should just go back in my time machine and order them with the black dust caps.

Oh well, not a big deal.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Axiom Black Dust Covers? - 02/22/14 06:57 PM
Nick

After changing my drivers I had all the V3 drivers , since axiom didn't want them back I built my own center channel. It took a bit of time but I made a device to cover all but the center caps and painted them with a matt black paint . A little paint went where it was not suppose to but a bit of paint thinner on a qtip took care of that.

Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom Black Dust Covers? - 02/24/14 12:38 PM
Please make them stop staring at me!!
© Axiom Message Boards