Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Argon Internet Radio - 03/03/14 02:08 AM
I now have the ability to stream internet radio. I was wondering if any of you have favorite internet stations? I'm guessing there are a blue million out there?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Internet Radio - 03/03/14 03:32 AM
Rob, as I've mentioned before, there are over 100 stations available in the U.S. and worldwide which stream classical music. A good source is the Classical Webcast site . Among my favorites which I frequently listen to are BBC Radio 3 and KUSC.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Internet Radio - 03/03/14 04:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Argon
I now have the ability to stream internet radio. I was wondering if any of you have favorite internet stations? I'm guessing there are a blue million out there?

What type of music to you like to listen too?
Posted By: Argon Re: Internet Radio - 03/03/14 06:57 PM
Rock, Country, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 2000's - so just about anything.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Internet Radio - 03/03/14 08:29 PM
I often tune in classic rock from Great Britain , they play some good music. At work we stream classic rock from Rock 101. There are lots of great stations out there , I try different ones all the time just to mix things up.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Internet Radio - 03/03/14 09:14 PM
I didn't even know people listened to actual "stations" anymore. There are the automatic playlists that are generated by picking songs similar to a given example. That's all I use when I'm not wanting to build a queue, or want to find something new. Rhapsody, Pandora, Spotify, and Google Play All Access Music, all have this feature, probably others I'm forgetting.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Internet Radio - 03/04/14 12:05 AM
The boys in London are quite interesting and funny to listen to. And Rock 101 is my home station in Vancouver and I like to hear what goes on in civilization .
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Internet Radio - 03/04/14 02:05 AM
There are quite a few good stations I've found with my AVR by scrolling through 1 by 1.
We generally pick a genre and scroll through it while reading the paper or checking our forums, bookmarking as we go.
I found my home town station too but it's as bad online as it is ota.
Posted By: Argon Re: Internet Radio - 03/04/14 01:06 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I will get out there and explore.
© Axiom Message Boards