Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CatBrat Black Goo - 03/17/14 08:59 PM
I have that old black goo problem in my drains in this 60 year old house. 95% clog in the bathroom sink. Could see it looking down the ole drain hole in the pipes. So I decided to replace all the pipes from sink to wall. Only problem with this idea is I couldn't separate the drain from the sink. Old metal parts that were as good as welded together.

Now $400 and one whole day later for new sink, cabinet and pipes, I still have the same old %95 clog problem. Researched on-line and seems the best approach is to use some bio product that lives in and eats the stuff for breakfast, lunch and dinner, until it's all gone. Not exactly a quick option, but an option.

I found BIO-CLEAN Drain Septic Bacteria in Amazon for $50. I plan on ordering this and see how well it works over time.

Anyone else experienced this black goo problem in their pipes and the remedy that they used and the effectiveness of it?
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Black Goo - 03/18/14 04:56 AM
I'd try CLR.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Black Goo - 03/18/14 08:35 PM
Originally Posted By: brwsaw
I'd try CLR.

But, I don't have a Calium, or a Lime, or a Rust problem. I've got an organic black goo problem.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Black Goo - 03/18/14 09:09 PM
Then try CLROBG.

wink
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Black Goo - 03/18/14 10:03 PM
It would help and its cheap.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Black Goo - 03/18/14 10:24 PM
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Black Goo - 03/19/14 04:47 AM
Have you considered a pipe snake? In my experience, goo is pretty easy to dislodge. Any chemical you use can only work on the exposed surface of the goo. A snake can chew it up as it passes by.
Posted By: fredk Re: Black Goo - 03/20/14 04:23 AM
Mmmm, black goo. Om nom nom... chew, chew...
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Black Goo - 03/20/14 06:32 PM
I'll probably snake it this weekend, and order some gooby gobblers.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Black Goo - 03/26/14 04:35 PM
Also, stop drinking Guinness.
© Axiom Message Boards