WHY WHY WHY

Posted by: Gr8_White_North

WHY WHY WHY - 07/13/14 05:43 PM

Why the *****(&^%$^& do English speaking Canadians have to tolerate these god damn bilingual keyboards on laptops. I should have bought a dell at least they have the common sense to put a normal keyboard on. SERIOUSLY

Rant Over
Posted by: CV

Re: WHY WHY WHY - 07/13/14 05:48 PM

WHY WHY WHY did you have to put this in a new thread instead of in The Daily Gripe?

Re: WHY WHY WHY - 07/13/14 06:20 PM

Born Lazy
Posted by: CV

Re: WHY WHY WHY - 07/13/14 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Socketman
Born Lazy

That's my daily gripe. People who were born.
Posted by: BBIBH

Re: WHY WHY WHY - 07/13/14 07:53 PM

You don't, make sure you order one without that option. I have Dell, Lenovo, HP, all without

Re: WHY WHY WHY - 07/13/14 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: CV
Originally Posted By: Socketman
Born Lazy

That's my daily gripe. People who were born.

Thanx always great to get insulted on your birthday.

Re: WHY WHY WHY - 07/13/14 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: BBIBH
You don't, make sure you order one without that option. I have Dell, Lenovo, HP, all without

I bought an HP from Staples, really nice machine . The only option was this keyboard. I chose Dell for our machines at work but didn't want to wait .
Posted by: bridgman

Re: WHY WHY WHY - 07/18/14 05:19 PM

I ordered a low end desktop PC for work, ordered with standard US English keyboard. Came with a bizarre keyboard that no OS seems to recognize, apparently optimized for the all-important English / Portuguese / Danish trilingual market.

Re: WHY WHY WHY - 07/18/14 07:25 PM

Not to minimize your hilarious situation at least you can replace it. I did manage to remap the keys so it is much better now.
Posted by: bridgman

Re: WHY WHY WHY - 07/18/14 08:16 PM

Agreed, totally different impact. I replaced it with a "real" keyboard (Cherry Blue keyswitches) and left it on display in my cube so co-workers can stop by and be amazed.

I'm hoping someone will steal it.