Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Murph It's been one of those days - 10/02/14 07:03 PM
So far today....

I was rear ended on the way to work. Err "my truck was," to be precise. No damage to my truck but not how I wanted to start things off.

Coffee brake, one of my buddies kicked the table sitting down and my coffee splats all over my pants. I live 30 minutes from my work, so I decide to endure the stains and jokes for the day.

Lunch time, despite the stains on my pants, I go to help another buddy move pull his powerboat out of the water for the season. I go to drive it over from the berth while he backs his trailer down the slip. As soon as I pull away from the dock, the engine dies. It will not restart. Now I'm floating haplessly around the marina, in stained pants I might add. I ask him where he he stores his emergency paddle so I can get back to the dock. He replies that he pulled everything out of the boat in anticipation of putting it away for the rest of the year. I then had to endure mocking looks from everyone as the dockboy pulls me in with the marina skiff.

Now finally, I'm ready to head home. It's an hour early though so I feel like I'm tempting the Murphy's Laws that apply double to me for obvious reasons. Sure enough, the phone rings and Sharon asks me if I can stop into this store and pick up some cloths she ordered that arrived at the shop. Easy enough right? Except now I have to go out in public again in my stained pants and as a final kick in said pants, when I ask her what she ordered, she tells me it is two sports bras. Sigh......
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: It's been one of those days - 10/02/14 07:25 PM
::Raising a beer::

This one is on me!
Posted By: a401classic Re: It's been one of those days - 10/02/14 08:39 PM
You need to go buy a lotto ticket right now! Since the norm is to not win (at least for me), you should be a shoe in for the top prize.
Posted By: AAAA Re: It's been one of those days - 10/02/14 10:23 PM
Hilarious! Sorry to hear Murph.

Reminds me of the average goings on in any Steve Martin movie. So, I enjoyed your story thoroughly. smile
© Axiom Message Boards