Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Newf Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/12/14 12:48 PM
It would be nice if Axiom had other Shipping options besides FedEx. Everything I get from Axiom comes FedEx. Be it if I pay for express or not. I ship things almost every week for work. FedEx has got to be the worse for us Newfoundlanders. They lose or are late on every single package I ever get from them. Regardless of where or who I order from, I will always pay more to avoid FedEx. It's been this way for as long as I can remember.

May latest two packages from Axiom took two days to get from Ontario to New Brunswick via ground. Totally reasonable. But here's the problem, from NB is gets tendered to someone else, usually Midland courier, and from here its a mystery as to when I will ever get it. It has now been ~ two weeks since the first package hit NB, and nothing has shown up here in NFLD. There's no tracking it once it leaves NB, calling FedEx gets me nowhere as they to have issues tracking it.

Even Canada Post is better.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/12/14 01:17 PM
It really doesn't matter who ships it. You can get damaged, late or lost products from all of them and the tracking systems suck with all of them.

Currently I have a lost shipment with Canada Post. I also have had damaged and late shipments from UPS, Canada Post and Purolator.
Posted By: Newf Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/12/14 01:45 PM
I have never had as many issues with UPS/Purolator or even USPS/Canada Post vs FedEx. It is so consistent that it has become a running joke around here. I even have issues with sending stuff from work via FedEx. Often I get projectors that need to go back for RMA, I get a prepaid FedEx label...and sure enough, I'm weeks getting them just to pick it up, then they lose it during shipping. I'm sure the majority of the issues come from whatever or whoever handless FedEx here on the island.

Canada Post has issues as well. Leaving stuff on your door step in the rain/snow being my biggest pet peeve.

UPS/Purolator is the same company here on the island.

Lots of online sites give at least two options for shipping. it would just be nice to have that is all. I'm sure there are area's where UPS is horrid and people prefer FedEx.
Posted By: MMM Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/12/14 02:37 PM
And here in Ontario, the exact opposite it true. UPS for me it the dogs breakfast. Good luck on getting anything on time and in one piece. FedEx on the other hand is on time, well delivered and in perfect condition.
Posted By: Jungle Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/12/14 03:30 PM
Does Axiom allow pick up from their plant in Barrie? That would be a great option to have. It would be nice for those within the surrounding areas
Posted By: Newf Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/12/14 05:41 PM
Well I got my ceiling speakers just now. Killer is, that is the 2nd package of the two I ordered and that was shipped 2 days after the 1st.

So, where's the 1st? So, here we go again. I got FedEx looking for it once more. That was a VP-150 On wall.
Jungle, IIRC, you can pick up your speakers at the plant. Call them!
Axiom switched to UPS from FedEx a year ago or so. My cartons showed significant damage with UPS - more than the previous FedEx. So we are back to FedEx it seems & I'm OK with that.

Remember that the whole delivery system is kinda overwhelmed at this time of year, especially with the advent of Internet shopping. More patience required during the holiday season...

TAM
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/12/14 09:00 PM
You'll probably have to wait until those shippers are done sound testing the speakers first.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/13/14 02:06 PM
Axiom can contact their representative, not that it will help.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/13/14 02:21 PM
I'm actually pretty happy with FedEx and my Axiom shipments. I ordered a VP150 (yay!) and it shipped this Thursday, arrived in Tennessee on Friday, cleared customs in an hour, and will be delivered to my work on Monday. Pretty darn good.
Posted By: CV Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/13/14 09:46 PM
Yeah, I've had better luck with FedEx handling the shipments, personally. When I first started ordering from Axiom, I believe they were using UPS, and there seemed to be more issues. I also work in shipping and receiving at a hospital, and historically FedEx has been better all-around there, too. It sucks that a regional fumble of the operation can sour the experience like that. They need to get that under control.

And Axiom must have worked out a good deal with FedEx on shipping. The last two orders I've received have been shipped via FedEx 2-Day, when it always used to be Ground or maybe Home Delivery. I imagine they're only shipping the smaller items like the bookshelf speakers this way, though, or maybe only close to the holidays. I guess we'll see on my next order, whatever that ends up being.
Posted By: Newf Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/16/14 03:18 AM
Well after another call to Fedex again today, I finally got my vp150ow. Basically the fedex connection here on the island messed up yet again, just like they always do. Midland actually ended delivering it
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/20/14 04:32 AM
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
Axiom switched to UPS from FedEx a year ago or so. My cartons showed significant damage with UPS - more than the previous FedEx. So we are back to FedEx it seems & I'm OK with that.

UPS, similar to CanPost on some occasions, does their "safe drop" method in which they leave the parcel at the door, unattended.
This is truly stupid since 1) it can get stolen, and 2) it can get rained on/affected by weather.
I ordered a new $800 monitor years back and they left it on our (old) doorstep which had no covering from weather, wide open visibility to the street and yes, it was raining that day.
How stupid can you get for a business model?
Do you really think that will impress customers?
Posted By: fredk Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/20/14 04:42 AM
Canada post gives much better service than UPS. I'm in an apartment, so its not like things are exposed to the elements or there for the whole world to see, but Canada post does not leave stuff at my door.

I avoid UPS like the plague.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Other Shipiping options besides FedEx - 12/20/14 04:44 AM
Originally Posted By: fredk
Canada post gives much better service than UPS. I'm in an apartment, so its not like things are exposed to the elements or there for the whole world to see, but Canada post does not leave stuff at my door.

I avoid UPS like the plague.

Usually they don't, but i have had the odd parcel left on the doorstep. Typically it has to "fit" into one's mailbox for them to leave it but if it is just slightly larger, like the size of a kleenex box, i've found it on my step.
Technically they aren't supposed to do that but hey, i never figured a postman to be lazy or anything.
I mean, there must be some midnight animal that walks across our yard at the same location each evening to create a walking path that leaves a trail even through the summer because mailmen aren't supposed to do that either.
© Axiom Message Boards