Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Haoleb Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 05:15 AM
I clicked on the products page and see that the cables are now oficially for sale! When i get some money i think i might hafta order some speaker cables to bi-wire my speakers. They all look pretty cool and at decent prices.. no exotic materals but looks like a solid product. My old rs golds had those spring strain relief things and i really dont like em all that well. But other than that i think they look great. I thought the "Meticulous soldering" under features was pretty funny though.

BTW Amie, are the prices in Canadian (i wish) or USD?
Posted By: sushi Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 05:28 AM
Umm... They ARE expensive... And yes, the prices are in US$ (just throw them into your basket and you'll see).
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 05:35 AM
well 60 bucks for a 9' pair of what i assume are quality speaker cables that might sound decent isint that bad. If they were any cheaper i might have my doubts about how good they might be.

Just like i always say...

"It isint better because it costs more, it costs more because its better"
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 07:41 AM
They do look nice, but I too was expecting lower prices. When I get a new TV, I'll probably buy their composite video cable.
Posted By: twopecker Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 12:35 PM
anyone else notice the misspelling of "subwooer"?

subwooer (n) (sub woo er) - Crew member on a submarine who is smooth with the ladies.

sorry, its too early, and i find that WAAAAAY too funny
Posted By: twopecker Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 12:38 PM
alright, done giggling to myself now.

Do you think the price for speaker cables are per pair, or single run?

For some reason, I am afraid that is for a single run and not a pair.

Help us Amie!!

Oh yeah, and another question....do we get a 30 day return policy on these?
Posted By: twodan19 Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 01:35 PM
maybe the cables are sourced from monster? believe monsters that salesman tried to sell me last saturday were actually less $$$ no mention of twisiting the strands of the wire; no doubt an unintentional omission.
Posted By: twopecker Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 01:43 PM
for $30, I will twist your speaker wires for you twodan. Would you like silver or red duct tape to hold the twist in place (for a small fee, you can get yellow duct tape, but it would require me going to home depot) =)
Posted By: Amie Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 04:38 PM
Sub wooers aren't crew members, silly! They're deep, tribal notes used to lure potential mates into your home theater . . .thanks for the catch!

Prices are in US dollars, and include shipping via two-day air, of course! Just working on the back end 'three in the cart = 5% off' deal. And yes, 30-day money-back guarantee applies.
Posted By: twopecker Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 04:39 PM
and are the speaker cables sold in pairs?
Posted By: curtis Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 05:41 PM
Would be nice to have banana plug options for the speaker cables too.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 06:33 PM
I agree with the idea of providing a choice of termination. My Onkyo has non-standard binding posts that won't accept spades.

As a general comment, I think these cables are very beautiful and I'm sure they perform very well, but I don't think they're in the same league of bang-for-the-buck as the speakers.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 06:38 PM
yep...there are lots of places with high quality cables at pretty much the same price. (heartland cables, river cables, etc.) Axiom's cables aren't MORE expensive, they're just not the value I was expecting.

It is very odd that the speaker cables come with spades only. Maybe banana's are available, and they just haven't posted that option.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 08:02 PM
Yup, they look nice. Nope, won't be buying them.

However, I do like the fact that the descriptions are remarkably free of bull. Kind of refreshing, when looking at cables.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 08:04 PM
That was my thought as well, Spiff.

They certainly look rugged and very well made. But they're no better price wise than dozens of other places that over charge in my opinion for something that's pretty easy to do on your own if you have the time.
Posted By: gem41573 Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 08:24 PM
At those prices, I think I'll stick with my $10 Ratshack RCA cable as my subwoofer cable. $38 for a 3-foot subwoofer cable makes Monster look like a bargain. But, hey, to each his own.
Posted By: sushi Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 09:50 PM
Here is another catch... If you go to http://www.axiomaudio.com/ (by clicking the Axiom logo on the message board pages), you will NOT see the link to the cable page. But then you click on the Axiom logo on the main page and go to http://www.axiomaudio.com/index.html, then the cable link magically appears.

And I agree -- The lack of a BS/hype in product descriptions is indeed refreshing in the BS-filled market of audio cables!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 10:10 PM
Sushi...I don't have that problem. The "cables" link is always there.
Posted By: Semi_On Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 10:26 PM
Must be a problem with Safari.

/me snickers.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 10:31 PM
Nope, I don't have that problem.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/17/03 11:52 PM
clear your cache and try again.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/18/03 01:40 AM
i was thinking about how axiom cables seem to be expensive to you guys and speakers a really good value. When you think about it. the speakers arent cheap speakers, Even the smallest bookshelf is $225. Thats kinda alot for what you get (by the looks of things). And move to the M80's they are 1100. not cheap speakers. But for their price they offer alot more performance than alot of other speakers out there so we think theyre a great value (DUH... THEY ARE) Until you recieve the cables and try em out i wouldnt make many judgements. Who knows. maybe they will outperform your cheap rs cables.

Posted By: Haoleb Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/18/03 02:39 AM
like my new avatar? testing 1 2 3 testing 1 2 3
Posted By: chrono Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/18/03 03:03 AM
hm very nice. prices are a little high, but that's ok since they look like quality cables. might just need to get a pair of rca's.
Posted By: jbzngowest Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/18/03 04:07 AM
Looking at the cable prices reminds me of a Bill Cosby bit from almost 20 years ago. 2 ft for $75, 3 ft for $78...what's wrong with the 3rd foot?
Posted By: sushi Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/18/03 04:40 AM
Yup, the pages have been fixed. It must be that Amie did it between 4:50pm and 5:10pm today. LOL
Posted By: JasonG Re: Axiom Cables ONLINE! - 09/18/03 02:10 PM
I'm glad you posted that. I tried and tried, but couldn't find any cables for sale. I thought I was going crazy.
© Axiom Message Boards