Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FrankeeD Pricing in US $ - 02/02/15 04:22 AM
I'm curious about the practice of pricing Axiom gear in US dollars. I remember checking a few years ago when the Canadian $ was above par with US $ and changing to Canadian $ in the checkout area didn't make things cheaper. However, yesterday when I was converting from US to Canadian, the price shot up to reflect the exchange rates.

It's bad enough to have to pay the exchange rate when I go to the US, but to have a Canadian company charge Canadians in US dollars is a bit of a poke in the eye for those of us north of the border.
Posted By: Jc Re: Pricing in US $ - 02/02/15 12:05 PM
Hi,

If you take a few seconds to verify and compare the value of the Canadian and US dollars, you will quickly realize that Axiom is offering quite a deal to its Canadian clientele.

http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/#
Posted By: FrankeeD Re: Pricing in US $ - 02/03/15 06:32 AM
So Canadian customers are supposed to be happy because Axiom is giving us a better exchange rate than the banks? And it still doesn't explain why the currency advantage goes only one way.
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Pricing in US $ - 02/03/15 08:38 PM
Originally Posted By: FrankeeD
So Canadian customers are supposed to be happy because Axiom is giving us a better exchange rate than the banks? And it still doesn't explain why the currency advantage goes only one way.

I have gotta ask this since I haven't purchased any speakers for a while . Are you saying that even though the speakers are listed as being Canadian dollars, that when I check out to pay they are sold in American dollars ?
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Pricing in US $ - 02/03/15 09:19 PM
Richard:

Check each country's website:

Canada: M22V4s - $670 CAN

US: M22V4s - $640 US

According to XE Currency Convedrter:

Exchange rate today 03 Feb 2015: 640.00 USD = 794.00 CAD

So we are getting a helluva break from Axiom as we always have. I don't understand the OP's complaint...

TAM
Posted By: Gr8_White_North Re: Pricing in US $ - 02/03/15 11:39 PM
Tom that makes 2 of us. I reread his post over and over and he is from Canada so I looked at the prices and it said Canadian dollars. It sounded like he was saying the prices were Canadian and I was having to pay in US currency. Must be that good BC Bud they smoke down there.

It should really be 540 US to make it even.
© Axiom Message Boards