Axiom Home Page
I am sitting here at a Harvey's grabbing an Angus burger and fried pickle spears, wondering what might be around this area?

I might just drive east on ON-60 for about 20 minutes to see what I find... grin
Visit me smile. I'm only a 2 1/2 hour drive away.

Here's local attractions in Huntsville.
I hung out with Axiom forum folk while there. You just have to see if all of us are willing to drop everything and meet you! smile
Deerhurst should have something going on, can be expensive though.
I remember when huntsville became a "city".. they got their first traffic light. Wow, those were the good old days.
Did you make it to Dwight
There's dog sledding :

http://www.wildernessadventures.ca/dogsleddingblue2.html

A "Classic Albums Live" concert on Thursday (not sure how long you're staying) :

http://www.algonquintheatre.ca/en/

Tomorrow night there's a "Decades" show at Deerhurst (sing/dance I guess):

http://2014.thedecadesshow.com/?page_id=16
http://explorersedge.ca/the-decades-show-at-deerhurst-bigger-better-than-ever/

There's a speaker company up there somewhere you might want to look for, real nice people.

The whole zipline & treetop trekking thing seems to have shut down for the winter. Canoeing sucks this time of year, unless you remember "The rise and the fall of the Great Lakes" (short film) in school.

IIRC there's a public library in Dwight. Or maybe it was a video rental.

EDIT - never mind, Cam's list is better smile
Ha. I was only in Huntsville to stop for a quick lunch on my way to Axiom.

Wow, what an awesome afternoon thanks to the whole crew there, especially Debbie and Ian who showed me some super top secret stuff. So much really amazing and impressive things on the horizon, just waiting for a few touches here and there (and a lot of tedious work to get those touches just perfect like "Axiom" likes it).

I took about 4 pictures. One of the obligatory sign as I drove in, and a couple of the blind listening room while I was hearing what ended up being M3s vs a top secret product. Guess all you want, I'm not telling and you are probably wrong anyway. It was just way cool.

I wonder if Jeff will get the bugs worked out of that metal work tomorrow... Hmmm... (unrelated to the top secret stuff already mentioned)

Ian was kind enough to spend a couple of hours just shooting the breeze about anything and everything from weather, to living in the area, to speaker designs. This was all at the end of his day today and he is heading out of the country on Thursday, so I am sure that he has plenty of work to do.

Andrew stopped in towards the end, but he was kind enough to let me know that it is my fault that certain things haven't gotten done at Axiom. (More top secret stuff that I didn't realize was my fault.)

Oh, and the coming change to a particular in-ceiling speaker. Shhhh.... No guesses.

2015 should be a great year for some exciting things from Axiom. Some major, and some less critical, but still really cool dealing with a potential post-molding plastics idea, that again isn't my place to spill the beans on.

Cam, I don't know which direction of Huntsville that 2.5 hours is, but I was coming from Toronto. Any other direction would be more driving than I cared to put into the day.

Anyway, it was a super-awesome visit to Axiom. It seems like my trip was timed perfectly to get a "behind the scenes" look at a lot of upcoming things that are, alas, top secret still.

I highly recommend a visit to anyone who is going to be in the area.

I really enjoyed my visit a couple of years ago. Quite enlightening if you've never seen all of the stages of speaker building, finishing, packing & shipping.

I'm looking forward to seeing it all again in Sept when hopefully there will be no snow!!

TAM
Originally Posted By: bridgman
... Canoeing sucks this time of year, unless you remember "The rise and the fall of the Great Lakes" (short film) in school...

I remember that film. It would be really cheesy in today's cgi world, but it was a lot of fun at the time.
Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Blah, blah blah...showed me some super top secret stuff.

Blah,blah... while I was hearing what ended up being M3s vs a top secret product.

Blah blah, blah blah... (More top secret stuff that I didn't realize was my fault.)

Oh, and the coming change to a particular in-ceiling speaker. Shhhh.... No guesses.

Blah... that again isn't my place to spill the beans on.

Blah, blah blah... alas, top secret still.

I highly recommend a visit to anyone who is going to be in the area.

Next thing you know, you'll be posting in your HT thread that you made some changes, but you know, its top secret stuff...

Not to worry though. If you show up at the Axiom bash this fall we'll wring it out of you using the comfy cushion and a Bose cube system.
Yay, Nick! Maybe there is certain Axiom ceiling mounted speakers in my future afterall...... wink
Fred, it seems as though my post worked. Hehehe

We talked about all of the super secret stuff, and how I was going to (and should) tease everyone here.

You won't have to wait until September for some announcements, but it will still be just a little while longer (another nice-and-vague answer).

Serenity, I am not saying anything more at all one way or another. smile
Cam, I don't know which direction of Huntsville that 2.5 hours is, but I was coming from Toronto. Any other direction would be more driving than I cared to put into the day.

I'm 1 1/2 from Toronto. Basically you drive by Peterborough to get to Dwight smile. Google maps it smile.
Google had me go just east of Lake Simcoe on the way up, and just west of the last back to downtown Toronto. Took just about 3 hours each way.

I have been staying just a few blocks from the CN Tower for a starting point.

Going through Peterborough would have added about 50 minutes. Good to know for next time though. Of course that will (hopefully) be for the 35th year bash in September.
Google had me go just east of Lake Simcoe on the way up, and just west of the last back to downtown Toronto. Took just about 3 hours each way.

I have been staying just a few blocks from the CN Tower for a starting point.

Going through Peterborough would have added about 50 minutes. Good to know for next time though. Of course that will (hopefully) be for the 35th year bash in September.

Yeah. It would've added about an hour because I'm northeast of Toronto.
© Axiom Message Boards