Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spiffnme Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 08:27 AM
Read this thread...and tell me if this guy is not out of line. Geesh...I offer to demo my Axioms and I get this? (Typical freakin' Onix/Rocket people)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=302185
Posted By: JohnK Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 09:29 AM
Strikes me a jerky response from an audio snob, Craig. Also apparently one who would refuse to accept the results from a double-blind test run with an ABX switcher or any other switch for that matter because of "degradation", and prefers to stick with his delusions.
Posted By: ZeN Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 10:08 AM
I'm helpin ya out man - then again, maybe I'm just causing problems
Posted By: Amie Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 12:20 PM
Yowza! That was quite a post! Cheers for Sushi telling it like it is!
Posted By: littleb Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 01:42 PM
Gee willakers, it's kind of depressing to go over to that place just to find out that my 22's have CHEAP drivers. Sigh!
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 03:45 PM
Pretty rude alright. I think its nice we dont have those kina of folks here, or at Audiokarma, the other discussion forum i go to. When i was looking through my stereophile the other day i was reading about the speakers they had for review this month. i forget the model. but they were around 5k and my the description and looks of them i dont really know if they would sound a whole lot better than the M80's from the outside it appeard as though they didnt really have any technology put into them. Plain square cabinet, Sorta "exotic" drivers and thats about it. A plain old vifa ring radiator with what looks like a machined metal face with the name engraved into it. (oh yea that adds good sound!)

Axioms on the other hand. Anti standing wave cabinets, the vortex ports, those are things a bunch of other companies dont have. i think axiom invents technology to make speakers sound better rather then stare at the cabinet and scrtch their head at what can be done to make it sound better. My take on it.

wow. i got way off topic. lol

Posted By: twodan19 Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 04:56 PM
we here in massachusetts would call him a dick head; that may be too mild for you.
dan
Posted By: twopecker Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 05:06 PM
"that may be too mild for you. "

HAH! thats great!
Posted By: mwc Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 05:11 PM
Wow! What a nut that guy is! It looks like a lot of folks at AVS have steped up to defend you. I wouldn't fret over him at all, he's not worth the grief and is obviously out there in left field somewhere.
Posted By: curtis Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 05:48 PM
He must of had a bad day! He attacked me too!

The only one of you that came to my rescue was ZeN!
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=288699&perpage=20&pagenumber=7
Posted By: gem41573 Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 05:53 PM
What a jerk that guy is. I read that thread as well as a couple of others, and he did the same thing in another thread.

He posted a blatantly rude comment (I believe it referred to Curtis who posts on this board), and then when people called him on it and accused him of being a jerk, he flat out said that his post was not rude.

Reading about someone trying to explain how "Your equipment is not up to snuff" is not a rude comment (especially in the context of a generally rude post) is quite entertaining.
Posted By: curtis Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 06:05 PM
Yup....that was me! Did you defend me??

Why does spiffnme get all the favors?
Posted By: gem41573 Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 06:09 PM
Sorry Curtis (and Spiff), but I wasn't touching either thread with a ten foot pole. There was no reasoning with that guy. But, the consensus was definitely siding with you two, not surprisingly.
Posted By: sushi Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 06:22 PM
Sorry Curtis, I never meant to neglect you in the thread above, which I just found much worse. Just that I have stopped regularly checking the AVSforum for the last 2 weeks, and was unaware of the revival of that thread till now... And it seems the thread is entirely out of control already, after less than 24 hours!

I don't think the guy just had a bad day -- I think it simply is his personality revealed. I am really glad that none of the strong advocates of the Axiom speakers has ever behaved that way...

By the way, I briefly responded in Craig's thread simply because he made me aware of it before it is too late. I have no intention of discriminating against you, whichever speakers you own and like!!! (j.k.) HAHAHA...
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 06:26 PM
yep...when I saw that thread last night no one had jumped in yet. When I checked again this morning my honor had been soundly defended.

That's a good example of why I don't frequent the avsforum all that often. The people over there are crazy!

We're crazy here too, but crazy in a good way.
Posted By: curtis Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/18/03 07:05 PM
and the thing is....he refuses to say that he is an advocate of AV123, when he clearly supports them and is all over their board.....sheesh. You should read the PM exchanges I had with him while the thread was hot.

In spiff's thread...he was just plain rude and arrogant.

-curtis
Posted By: Saturn Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/19/03 03:53 AM
I'm gonna be my rude self too
gonna stroll on by to avsforum.... hehe
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/19/03 05:22 AM
OK...I guess my honor has been sufficiently defended. Thank you all.

What a bunch of nut jobs over at avs. I wish all boards could be as well mannered at you all here.
Posted By: Saturn Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/19/03 11:19 AM
Who said we were all well mannered?
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/19/03 04:01 PM
Who said we were all well mannered?

yeah, just one more monkey hole joke....
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/19/03 04:03 PM
Those are gorilla holes...monkey holes are much smaller.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/19/03 04:10 PM
my bad, a monkey hole would be what you'd need on a Bose.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/20/03 02:22 AM
I think that's a total of 10000 active threads that mention gorilla holes! Dammit, Craig & Peter!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/20/03 05:15 AM
Hey! He starts it!
Posted By: Saturn Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/20/03 05:46 AM
No no no....Its bung holes on those speakers ports...err...ops...I mean using those foam bungs to plug up those port holes on the back of those speakers to ease the bass a little.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Help me defend my honor! - 09/20/03 07:33 AM
dont'cha mean base?
© Axiom Message Boards