Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fredk Thought of the day - 04/19/15 05:01 PM
“Rich people in the West, they have not touched dead bodies, fresh wounds, rotten things. This is a problem. This is the human condition. We have to be ready for the moment we cease to exist.”
Posted By: BobKay Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 05:05 PM
Originally Posted By: fredk
“Rich people in the West, they have not touched dead bodies, fresh wounds, rotten things. This is a problem. This is the human condition. We have to be ready for the moment we cease to exist.”

And on which Islamic fundamentalist recruitment website did you find that, Fred? Lalalalalalalalalala...
Posted By: CV Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 05:32 PM
It seems like it doesn't matter if we're ready for that moment or not. It's a moment we're guaranteed.
Posted By: fredk Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 05:34 PM
Originally Posted By: BobKay

And on which Islamic fundamentalist recruitment website did you find that, Fred? Lalalalalalalalalala...

bbc.com. Radical bastards...
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 06:55 PM

Pretty sure that's straight from the School of the Americas training manual.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 07:33 PM
And that doesn't include you guys and your "Mommy?"

Edit: "Mumsie"
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 07:41 PM

You and your teenybopper speak.

laugh
Posted By: BobKay Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 08:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Da_Gimp_Pimp

You and your teenybopper speak.

laugh

I thought I had either seen (or thought of) most possible perverse mash-ups, but Teeny Bopperism with Satanism really got by me! It's been vampirism for all things teeny-girly for quite some time now. That's nice; a whole generation of women brought up on the death-blood-lust-sex thing as entertainment.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 09:02 PM

bbc.com. Radical bastards...

Fred, the problem isn't that we DON'T see that shit. The problem is that THEY DO---the Bhutanese or people from any third world country! Life used to be no better in the "west" than anywhere else until after the industrial revolution. 80% of the world still does not thrive. Who's fault is that? Is it, in every case, because of 1st world interference?

(BTW, when those terms were coined, there WAS a "second-world" term, rarely used, for only one nation----the USSR.)

We could begin just by listing the currently near-hopeless situations in lots (and lots and lots) of Africa. "Fixing" half of that would take a focused global effort that wouldn't even be close to goal until your (yet to-be-born) grandchildren will be in their 90's.

File under "#s can be twisted," but I was surprised to read last week that, in personal consumption, the US ranked 14th. Canada was 9th; you selfish, cozy warm, fat, narcissistic, globe-trotting, import crazy-bastards!
Posted By: BobKay Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 09:03 PM

There they go, dissing serial killers again.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 10:00 PM
I have 4 Axiom subs & 13 Axiom speakers in total & I live in Canada. Am I over the world's personal consumption ration??

Who made that study - that wonderful, stalwart & unbiased organization known as the United Nations?? They hate us for our oil sands that produce such an insignificant portion of the world's pollution that it can be rated as basically negligible.

Who was #1? I want to live there, ha!

TAM
Posted By: fredk Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 10:48 PM
First off, I got Bob to post all serious like so... I win!

The article is not at all about stuff or suffering, but rather how we approach life and death.

We live in a world of stuff. Stuff breaks, buy more stuff. Why is his stuff better than my stuff? Oh my god, I'm gonna die before I get to consume all this stuff! Look at how they're treating those cute piggies. Hmm, what cheap meatstuff should I have for dinner?
Posted By: craigsub Re: Thought of the day - 04/19/15 11:46 PM
Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
I have 4 Axiom subs & 13 Axiom speakers in total & I live in Canada. Am I over the world's personal consumption ration??

Who made that study - that wonderful, stalwart & unbiased organization known as the United Nations?? They hate us for our oil sands that produce such an insignificant portion of the world's pollution that it can be rated as basically negligible.

Who was #1? I want to live there, ha!

TAM

No - You need to have at LEAST 20 more Canadian made speakers to qualify, or 40 USA made ones (NAFTA Rules).

laugh
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Thought of the day - 04/20/15 03:42 AM
OK. I really hate to be unqualified. So, I'll have to tell my wife about my new quota & the bigger home that we'll need to house them all.

That should help Canada to move up even more in the ratings, ha!

TAM
Posted By: BobKay Re: Thought of the day - 04/20/15 07:51 PM
First off, I got Bob to post all serious like so... I win!

I was under the impression that when I did that, everybody loses. Intent can be so fickle.
© Axiom Message Boards