Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Lampshade Movie review: Interstellar - 05/11/15 12:27 AM
Magnificent.

I watched 50 Shades of Grey last night. Total garbage from start to finish. This movie has renewed my faith.

I love long boring movies. (Barry Lyndon for example). But Inception bored me to tears and I had my doubts about this one.

I was mesmerized from beginning to end.

All of the acting was good and I believed them to be their characters. The story has a few hurdles to suspend disbelief, one huge one. But I can live with that.

The instrumental score is haunting and forlorn. It is perfect. There are robots in the film that seem absurd at first but turn out to be exceptional characters.

I thought Gravity was a great movie and there are comparisons to be made, but the scope of Interstellar makes it a movie giant. Gravity is trying to save one woman, physically and spiritually. Interstellar is trying to save the future of humanity along with one man spiritually and physically.

I'm not sure how long I will wait for my second viewing. Months anyway. I have a lot to think about.
Posted By: exlabdriver Re: Movie review: Interstellar - 05/11/15 04:57 AM
The LFE sure rattled my house to its foundations throughout but my EP800s performed effortlessly.

Interestingly, I've been reading elsewhere about Sub damage caused by this movie - mostly those who run their subs hot...

TAM
Posted By: wilwom Re: Movie review: Interstellar - 05/12/15 04:59 AM
I liked 50 Shades a lot...or maybe it was the 420 herbal assist.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Movie review: Interstellar - 05/12/15 04:00 PM
[quote=Lampshade

(Barry Lyndon for example). [/quote]

Great reviews, Chris!

Barry Lyndon is amazing, considering Ryan O'Neal is the star. It is so beautiful to look at, that it completely transcends the actors or even the story line.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Movie review: Interstellar - 05/12/15 05:48 PM
I watched Barry Lyndon a couple years ago because someone I knew called it a cinematographer's wet dream.

He was totally right.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Movie review: Interstellar - 05/12/15 07:22 PM
Yeah, no one makes Thackery into movies anymore. It's a shame. You made me go look. There IS a 2011 blu-ray edition. Cool.
Posted By: AAAA Re: Movie review: Interstellar - 05/17/15 02:18 AM
Watched interstellar tonight. Speechless. Amazing.
Posted By: fredk Re: Movie review: Interstellar - 05/17/15 05:22 PM
I agree with your review lampy. There is a lot of stuff that comes out billed as scifi, but this one really is.
Posted By: Murph Re: Movie review: Interstellar - 05/19/15 04:36 PM
I Loved this movie. However, I did find that the very final scene felt just way too 'thrown in there'.

Click to reveal..
It could have ended nicely with the explanation of how Coop gets the data back to Murph to overcome the challenges for the space station & interstellar travel. That was great Sci-Fi.

Then he somehow gets back to our solar system... Mmmmm OK. Even though they never bothered trying to explain how that happy ending occurred, my brain can imagine how that 'might' have happened since a fifth dimensional space allows for unlimited speculation.

But then, the whole extra trip to find, Edmund was it? It just seemed like too much mass appeal caving.

It just felt like the producer needed to add the extras in to satisfy his cranky wife who demanded a happy ending.
Posted By: fredk Re: Movie review: Interstellar - 05/19/15 04:59 PM
Hey, wadayawant? Its Hollywood. Without those happy sappy endings you get stuff like A Boy and his Dog.
Posted By: Murph Re: Movie review: Interstellar - 05/22/15 12:21 PM
I don't know what is more messed up. The plot summary or the fact it stars Don Johnson.
© Axiom Message Boards