Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BobKay Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/02/15 08:24 PM
I suppose it was inebitabew.

This morning, in the little Boston neighborhood of Roslindale (I know, sounds bucolic. So does The Meadowlands, NJ. It's not either.), The Boston Police and Homeland Security shot dead a "terrorist watch list" young man whom they asked to speak with in a CVS parking lot. He drew a military/hunting-style knife and refused to put it down, then rushed at them.

I grew up less than a mile from the exact location. Lots of people I know still live there. He lived less than 500' away from the CVS. They believe he was internet self-radicalized, though, this being so early in the case, a lot more details will come out, I'm sure, just like Caitlyn Jenner.

I always wondered why they didn't plan to do really random soft targets. Why not attack a place like an Indiana shopping mall, or 5 strip malls in one day in 5 towns and bend everyone outta shape for a good, long time. I guess I never thought that "Roslindale" was random or soft enough. Ha! That's what EVERYONE thinks.
Posted By: brwsaw Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/03/15 05:58 AM
Seems like police have forgotten how to be non leathal down there.
Posted By: CV Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/03/15 06:11 AM
Originally Posted By brwsaw

Yeah, aren't we supposed to be incarcerating everyone for slave labor?
Posted By: Murph Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/03/15 12:54 PM
I was cleaning my glasses when I read Charles' post above and I thought he said, "aren't we supposed to be incinerating everyone for slave labor?"

I was thinking, "Well that won't work!" Then I put my glasses back on and realized Charles hadn't secretly created a charcoal skinned, zombie labor force. Oh well......
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/03/15 04:11 PM
Bob, you are the Michael Stipe of the boards.

I know what you are saying is important and deep, but I don't understand it.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/03/15 05:48 PM
Originally Posted By MarkSJohnson

Old, bald, gay. Check, check, check!
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/03/15 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By BobKay
I suppose it was inebitabew.

Profanity Warning in the next YouTube video.
Inebitabew - Kim Jong Il

(Not sure why the media tag didn't work to link the actual video to my post vs only being able to use a link to go to YouTube...)
Posted By: BobKay Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/04/15 02:05 PM
Originally Posted By medic8r

That's so unfair! I still have way more hair than Michael Stipe.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/04/15 02:23 PM
Originally Posted By brwsaw

His plan was to behead a cop. They knew that. That's why they were looking for him. He brandished a lethal weapon and refused to relinquish it. They had no idea, as he was rushing them, if he was wearing an explosive device or not.

No one used a stun gun or tried to subdue the crazy guy at Parliament in Ottawa, nor should they have. Ottawa is not Ferguson, Ohio, and neither is Boston.

I completely agree with you about many of the other recent situations in the U.S. where police had a choice and made the wrong one, a very bad one.

When Homeland Security has hard evidence that you are intending to kill an officer as an act of terrorism, and, when they find you, you have an 8" knife in your hand, well, this liberal, anti-death penalty advocate thinks that "boom, boom, you're dead" is A-OK.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/04/15 02:48 PM
thumbs up
Posted By: Murph Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/04/15 05:06 PM
Technically, a Thumbs Up is an indication that he should live. Time to re-watch all those gladiator movies you have hoarded on VHS Mark.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/04/15 06:38 PM
Originally Posted By Murph
Technically, a Thumbs Up is an indication that he should live. Time to re-watch all those gladiator movies you have hoarded on VHS Mark.

Beware the words of the man who carries a jar of peanut butter in his "fix-it" bag.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/04/15 07:11 PM

WTH was I thinking?!?! Why on earth would I even consider a "bald" joke from YOU?

Being so far up off the floor, and with just the right lighting on your head, you could make a whole room feel like a disco. You're a candidate for waxing. No, not the depilatory kind, the "buff-vigorously-after" kind.
Posted By: medic8r Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/04/15 08:31 PM
I was surprised that wasn't your first reaction as well. Glad to see you've self-corrected.

Always follow the call of the tall disco ball.
Posted By: BobKay Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/06/15 09:53 PM
I was surprised that wasn't your first reaction as well. Glad to see you've self-corrected.

Always follow the call of the tall disco ball.

Before it was actually know what caused AIDS, one of my prime suspects was disco.
Posted By: Murph Re: Tewowism Comes to Town - 06/10/15 11:41 AM
Ahhh Humanity... After surviving the free love and flowered bellbottom generation, we have now progressed from dancing in jumpsuits under some kind of quasi-religious, sparkly ball thingie to straining overpriced coffee through beards while convincing ourselves that flannel under a cardigan is a good idea.

Darwin never saw that one coming!!!
© Axiom Message Boards