Axiom Home Page
Posted By: real80sman Huh? - 08/13/15 01:00 AM
Is it just me, or is this WAY overpriced. The AxiomAir seems like a steal.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Huh? - 08/13/15 01:30 AM
Ain't just you.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Huh? - 08/13/15 02:58 AM

An age old story with high end companies like NAD, perception and reputation. Even though they could probably price this item closer to the range of other budget high value items and still make a good profit, in the eyes of the consumer that buys their products who in their eyes is a superior piece of equipment to the mainstream, it just wouldn't stand.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Huh? - 08/15/15 03:24 AM
Yeah, Shawn; that at first glance seems to be bit pricey, but you have to keep in mind that all you have to do is listen to iTunes and your "favourite loudspeakers"(doesn't matter how good the speaker really is)with that amp and you immediately have a "state-of-the-art audio system".

Seriously, this is simply another example of the nonsense about amplifiers that sometimes pollutes attempts to seriously discuss what really matters in high fidelity.
Posted By: Newf Re: Huh? - 08/15/15 05:08 PM
NAD is nuts. Always were. I paid 3 grand for a receiver from them years back. Big giant tank. 7xx series. Had it 2 weeks and sent it back. Wasn't worth the money over the rxv 4600 I had. Well made but way overpriced. Surprised they are even still around
Posted By: brendo Re: Huh? - 08/15/15 06:24 PM
I saw the same amp. on half price here on the West Coast {Vancouver} last month. About $600 seems almost to small. The 787 is only 5 grand though!!!
Posted By: BBIBH Re: Huh? - 08/17/15 01:44 PM
I still have a receiver from the late 1980's that still works great. I have owned many of their pieces, all with excellent reliability and performance.

They were once know as being "bare bones" on the flashy features and building solid equipment.

Not sure what has happened to NAD...
© Axiom Message Boards