Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sidvicious02 Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 04:08 PM
Just for interests sake....

Should be interesting to see who the biggest nut is.

Posted By: spiffnme Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 04:15 PM
How much from my total income, or how much from my "disposable" income. BIG difference.
Posted By: Haoleb Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 04:16 PM
For me, when i was building my system. Id say about 90% or more. Since i got the speakers, none. only on more music and other stuff.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 04:20 PM
I guess everyone's idea of disposable income is different, for example some people eat sirloin steak every night of the week. But it should probably be considered as disposable income. Figure an average for the past couple of years or so.
Posted By: OGS20 Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 04:20 PM
Does CDs/LPs count as audio toys? Even the best systems can't do anything about a lack of source material.

I also think you shuold have a 6th choice "More than you want to know/admit ..."
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 04:24 PM
oh, definitely add the software in (cds, vinyl, dvds, whatever)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 04:42 PM
Lately, it's been zero.

In anticipation of our first child, my wife and I put the brakes on extraneous spending. Any spare money is thrown at existing debt (which is now only 1 car loan and 1 school loan, thank goodness) and baby necessities.

I'm even packing dinner leftovers for lunch 4 days out of 5 (which ain't so bad 'cuz I cook good)!
Posted By: psychobabble Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 04:53 PM
do the many dinners out and assorted small, bright and shiny objects (i.e. jewelery) that I often have to buy my wife to bribe her into letting me buy my equipment also count?

Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 09:54 PM
I'm shocked, a lot fewer 'big spenders' than I would have thought. Or maybe everyone just makes a lot more money than me!
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 10:11 PM
rent, electricity, car payments, car insurance, gas, groceries, tennis, internet, cable...

that eats a HUGE chunk of my income. After all of that, then comes electronic toys.

It doesn't matter how much you make, you can always outspend it.
Posted By: sidvicious02 Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 10:16 PM
VISA actually pats me on the back every month and tells me how good I am at doing that Spiff
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 10:34 PM
Bill Gates would beg to differ.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 10:50 PM
well, OK...there are a FEW exceptions.

Us NORMAL people can usually outspend any income. I make nearly three times what I made 5 years ago. I'm in more debt now than 5 years ago. Savings? What's that?

Posted By: pmbuko Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 10:59 PM
what did you do 5 years ago (if you don't mind my asking)?
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 11:25 PM
I worked for American Express Corporate Travel. They don't pay doodleysquat.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 11:32 PM
Pondering doodleysquat x 3 ...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/19/03 11:55 PM
I hear ya about savings. Lemme check it now...

$13.07. Whoopee!
Posted By: sushi Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/20/03 05:01 AM
My wife and I have always agreed that education is one cost-no-object thing in our family. Our three daughters literally eat nearly 50% of our household income -- including school tuitions, sports activities, nanny salary, etc. etc...

But hey, if you can get cost-no-object AV gears (or whatever other hobbies), it will be pretty boring, right? What fascinates me is the process to shop and build what I regard as the best possible AV system within a highly limited budget.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/20/03 05:20 AM
Yep...I LOVE to stretch a buck as far as it can possibly go.

I got my M22's, M60's, VP150, and QS8's all from the Axiom outlet. Both my Rotel amps were used, as well as my Rotel processor. I even bought my Hsu sub when it was on sale.

I tried to find the products with the biggest bang for the buck at full retail, and then find them for less than that. Hahahaaha...I love being frugal.
Posted By: chrono Re: Poll, how much do you spend - 09/20/03 08:14 PM
40-50%

why? because I am currently attending college, dont have a job, and what little money I do get I usally save for some equipment purchases.
© Axiom Message Boards